Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
I cant help but think that the story and the comedy would be a lot better and more fun if MC were to stop being full retard. Author could at least make him just smart enouth to understand that things are realy happening, because as of now he is the most retarded character i ever saw.
The dude is supposed to be extremely smart but is not capable of understanding that his minion are actualy doing things and fighting for real, after he kill dozen of their member... Fighting in such organisation is supposed to be his "dream".
Well, it's a great way to make the story last longer.
You need to understand the point.

He basically stated that a fairytale was real... and it ends up that the random BS he stated is true.

And because every single guess he's stating was a random trope, he doesn't believe it's actually happening, cause it's a trope.

And you also need to understand another point.

He only became this strong because he was a dumbass... he was able to study martial arts and music and tons of other stuff solely because he was dumb enough to obsess over overpowering a nuke.

He's an educated dumbass.

He's stupid, but studied so much that he has a lot of knowledge, along with random stories and the fact that the girls he has with him are super geniuses that can make vague ideas a reality....

So he gives the illusion of intelligence...

That was the main humor of this story

Everything only went forward because he was so stupid...

Dex-chan lover
Ah, man. I was hoping for a way for Shadow to be chuuni and "join" the Cult

You know... It's not that I don't enjoy the manga. But the fact that there's not even a hint as to why Cid is as powerful as he is, it's kinda sad. Or did I miss something?
Assuming he has been interested in eminence stuff since age of 7, then he has trained in martial arts for roughly 10 years (which benefits him in this world where martial arts are not as developed) and other stuff that he trained for magic (see chapter 1, same as the ln, which idk if it actually helps lol). After being reincarnated, he trained in magic for 10 years, but the possessed (Alpha) still surpasses him (at this point he above human limit but far enough to be called OP). His ultimate atomic is still incomplete when he saves Zeta at age 10-12, i suppose the experiment has already made him more magic than the girls. At age 13-15, im not sure if his atomic is complete yet, but its still not enough to "kill" the mist dragon. He now 15 (16 in few more chapters) but still struggles against a single hero clone without magic (i bet he will lose if that is not a mindless clone). Yes, he is OP but not that OP yet. Oh, i forgot his slime and he kept modifying his physique (though idr which vol)

Fed-Kun's army
You know... It's not that I don't enjoy the manga. But the fact that there's not even a hint as to why Cid is as powerful as he is, it's kinda sad. Or did I miss something?
Cid modified his body when he was still infant through magic. In a sense, he's no longer human. I thinks it was stated during the begining of the story and in the fight with baldy arch bishop on the sanctuary.

Dex-chan lover
Its funny that whenever Cid saw someone who is also a chuuni, as if he is not a one himself.

For anyone thinking Nina is Fenrir:
Nina is not Fenrir. Fenrir is an old guy that disguised himself as a young boy (considering his face in manga as androgynous) who duel with Shadow and killed by the replication of Fenrir's ultimate technique (cue the "You dare use my spells against me" image) Nina reappeared after the chapter was over.

Group Leader
Someone spoil me if Zeta is related to Fenrir in some way, cuz it feels like she is

Dex-chan lover
I think author intended to do exactly the opposite. IMO, Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute was made to make fun out of isekai tropes and readers. I still remember how people were pissed at Ainz from Overlord, for not bein able to comprehend inhuman intelligence of his subordinates and managing though pure luck only. Or how Rumuru from Reincarnated as Slime just have a voice in his head to explain things to him.
Yeah, but no character growth for 50 chapter is a little bit much.
It's not like he need to become ultra smart or anything, just any kind of character growth. Cose as of now it's realy running in circle.

One Punch Man is also a series based on this kind of "make fun of the genre" but you still see Saitama grow little by little.

And here, author made MC really stupid and lucky (if it's not his actual ability as mentioned by other people) and people still go "dun, wish he isn't retarded". Everything falls apart if he stop being stupid. It;s like Forrest Gump, but isekai.
Author actualy made him smart, he is supposedly smart enouth to full mark all exam. He is actualy so smart that he actualy can decided by himself to be the most avearge joe and no one ever find out.
That's why it make no sense for a dude like that to literaly never have any grow and still act as if he killed people just because he is a chuny...

That would make it way worse for me. I find the manga/manhwa where the MC is both insanely powerful AND smart very boring. At that point it's just a power fantasy for the reader where the MC can do no wrong and the comments section should be avoided at all costs.
This is a power fantasy... The MC solo god like being and is ultra smart, exept for when it come to his delusion.

Dex-chan lover
You need to understand the point.

He basically stated that a fairytale was real... and it ends up that the random BS he stated is true.

And because every single guess he's stating was a random trope, he doesn't believe it's actually happening, cause it's a trope.

And you also need to understand another point.

He only became this strong because he was a dumbass... he was able to study martial arts and music and tons of other stuff solely because he was dumb enough to obsess over overpowering a nuke.

He's an educated dumbass.

He's stupid, but studied so much that he has a lot of knowledge, along with random stories and the fact that the girls he has with him are super geniuses that can make vague ideas a reality....

So he gives the illusion of intelligence...

That was the main humor of this story

Everything only went forward because he was so stupid...
That how the story should be, but when he is capable of doing all his magic that literaly no one else can, and when he straight out kill people this setting crumble.
The dude killed dozen of people at the start of the story with the school attack arc, and he literaly act as if this never happened. That's not being dumb, the dude literaly ignore things that happen before him.
Then he use magic that literaly no one else can, even people who spend their life studying magic.

If author wanted to make him totaly dumb and lucky it make no sense for him to be this skilled in literaly everythings.

Yeah, but no character growth for 50 chapter is a little bit much.
It's not like he need to become ultra smart or anything, just any kind of character growth. Cose as of now it's realy running in circle.

One Punch Man is also a series based on this kind of "make fun of the genre" but you still see Saitama grow little by little.
Uh don't get why people complaining about the "no character development", thats just how the author adds interest to the plot, isnt it? then i think majority of people prefer Cid the way he is now.

Author actualy made him smart, he is supposedly smart enouth to full mark all exam. He is actualy so smart that he actualy can decided by himself to be the most avearge joe and no one ever find out.
That's why it make no sense for a dude like that to literaly never have any grow and still act as if he killed people just because he is a chuny...
Yes, the author made him smart, but not in the ways you think, he is more skilled about combat, he may be knowledgeable in other fields, but Shades is still better than him (except piano, I guess), and i doubt he can full mark exams without cheating. Unless he was motivated to study, yeah not now.

That how the story should be, but when he is capable of doing all his magic that literaly no one else can, and when he straight out kill people this setting crumble.
The dude killed dozen of people at the start of the story with the school attack arc, and he literaly act as if this never happened. That's not being dumb, the dude literaly ignore things that happen before him.
Then he use magic that literaly no one else can, even people who spend their life studying magic.

If author wanted to make him totaly dumb and lucky it make no sense for him to be this skilled in literaly everythings.
Though it's anime only, Aurora's attemp made me believe that Atomic just requires sufficient magic control and quantity (which is not enough in Claire's body)
Was that what they called tunnel vision? idk
In the end, don't stress yourself out if you do not enjoy this series

Dex-chan lover
Yes, the author made him smart, but not in the ways you think, he is more skilled about combat, he may be knowledgeable in other fields, but Shades is still better than him (except piano, I guess), and i doubt he can full mark exams without cheating. Unless he was motivated to study, yeah not now.
My personal interpretation is that Cid's mental illness is part of his very soul. It allows him to hyper focus on only the things that interest him and nothing else. Basically Cid is 100% a genius, if you manage to get him to focus on 1 thing, that 1 thing is going to get done in the absolute best way possible. Looking at Cid's accomplishments, anytime he is focused on something, he consistently outperforms everyone by a gigantic margin. Cid invented the slime suit, which to this date is still one of Shadow Garden's strongest tools, because he wanted a mysterious and cool weapon that can use all of his power. He cured possession because he wanted the mutated Alpha's immense magical powers and experimented on her and himself to do it. He is a world class pianist, because having moonlight sonata in the background of his eminence activities is cool. He is pretty much the world's best swordsman because he wanted to be the "strongest". Looking things like that, any time we see Cid actually focus on something, he consistently the best there is. Which brings us back to the original point, Cid is mentally ill. He doesn't function like a normal person, things that don't interest him are just non-existent in his mind. He's ignorant even when evidence is dumped in front of him because he doesn't care.

Dex-chan lover
exIEsvV.jpg

So Claire is actually a Master of Chaldea and Aurora is her servant, an grand caster :meguupog:

Users who are viewing this thread