Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 5 Ch. 17 - Version 2

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was another update ngl. Turns out it was just another translation which I don't care about.

Dex-chan lover
Nuts. They still missed an 'r' in the first bubble of page 27.
And unless demons have reversed thumb placement, it still looks like the right hand of an otherwise acknowledged "left arm."
Edit: Ah, must be an art goof. The panel right below the severed hand shows a left hand crushing that dude.

I'd say V2 is worth it just from the improved banter from the noble girls to Shadow Garden.

Group Leader
Basically people weren't satisfied with the quality of the original release so I was asked if I could help fix it up, so we did.

Dex-chan lover
@Sweat_Seats
agreed, the novel give more depths to to the story while mantaining the comedic traits.

not that im nitpicking, the manga is very good. but the novel give a slightly better experience

The updated translation is very appreciated. I can actually read this one!

Group Leader
@OniiChanStopNotThere A lot of people complained about it actually, and when I read it I didn't have a good impression about it either. The series should be going back to the translator who worked on the first 16 chapters next month though.

@bejad007 I think that's mostly because the comedy of the story (especially here) is how much plot happens and how little Shadow seems to care outside of his LARPING. But the light novels have the privilege of being able to say, and not show that. It's hard to show someone NOT caring about something.

Also, if I'm right, the story in the manga is accelerating a tiny bit because there's an anime deal (the talks probably started in October, around when the WN went on haitus) and those tend not to be announced until the manga has covered the parts the anime will.

Group Leader
Wait was version 1 the one with bad qc our bad translation? If it's the one with typos that can be fixed through a third person checking. It just means updates would be delayed. Additionally you can just edit the chapter after uploading.

Group Leader
@ZdrytchX Basically the wording for the entire chapter was really stiff, which is more than a simple PR or QC fix so I recommended redoing it from scratch.
As for the reason it was uploaded as a new chapter, that's because we wanted people who read the chapter previously to come back and read it again with the new release because of how different it is to read.

Double-page supporter
can someone stop that baldie head SHINNING ...
it just plain too bright in this chapter ...

Users who are viewing this thread