Kagurabachi - Ch. 31 - Greeting

Double-page supporter
I hope he either repairs cloud gouger or transfers its power into his main blade

Dex-chan lover
This one was a bit too predictable for my taste.
I hope he either repairs cloud gouger or transfers its power into his main blade
I think if these swords could be repaired or copied that way, they'd be a lot less valuable. They made a big point of the uniqueness of the blades, but so far we've been told nothing about why Chihiro's dad was the only one who could make them, how they're made etc. I think his dad comes across as a pretty generic character, sort of a perfect dad who gave you perfect memories so they can fuel your reverge or whatever. Very tropey. So showing how he made these and how he wasn't just a goofball would be a good way to add to his character imho.

Dex-chan lover
"Die as mine at my side" GOES SO FUCKING HARD I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS BRO I'M STRAIGHT UP TEARING UP!!!

God, Chihiro's struggle is so hard to witness, he really is just a boy forced to become a man too soon.

"I won't let you die like this" and the line that follows obviously refer to the blades on a surface level but the blades themselves represent Kunishige's memory and legacy. For Chihiro to see it tarnished, to see the memory of his father stolen, used for evil like this, it's the same as watching his father's dignity, identity, integrity, memory, etc. be killed just like the man before it. It's so painful to watch, yet the best fuel for Chihiro's potential.

Big things are coming.

Dex-chan lover
Asides from the silly reason Mr bad guy has for using the blades chihiro is carrying the manga with those hard ass lines

Users who are viewing this thread