Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 28 Ch. 274 - Maki Shijo, Nagisa Kashiwagi, and Tsubasa Tanuma’s Final Chapter, Part 2

So I looked up abortion law in Japan and holy shit it's repressive. No abortions period, only exceptions made for life threatening, rape and a really fucked third case if your wealth isn't up to raising a kid.
But here comes the really fucked up part:
If the woman is married, her husband must agree to the abortion or she is forced to bear the child to term (for the last option)

It gets better: abortion isn't covered by insurance at all, costing 200000 yen, paid for by extremely poor family (for the third allowance you need to be practically living on the street. I am certain such an expense is bearable)

But well, just typical abortion isn't even the most horrible shit. The After Pill, the one the Baby Boomers, a generation from the 60s was named after, has only allowed in Japan in 2011!

And I genuinely don't even know why, as there shouldn't be any Church influencing that desicion. Maybe it is just a natural consequence of electing semi fascists for decades and society that suppresses dissent?
Regardless, the more I learn about Japan the more I realise it's the developed world's true shithole. Like the USA doesn't even come close.

Dex-chan lover
If the woman is married, her husband must agree to the abortion or she is forced to bear the child to term (for the last option)
Meanwhile over in the west, men don't get any say whatsoever. The mother carries for 9 months, then the father pays alimony forever.

Personally I reckon abortion should be the default choice unless BOTH participants want to go ahead.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
And I genuinely don't even know why, as there shouldn't be any Church influencing that desicion. Maybe it is just a natural consequence of electing semi fascists for decades and society that suppresses dissent?
Or maybe it's because the birthrate of Japan has been below self-preservation since the mid 70s and they have to enable such draconian laws to prevent the population from dying out? Not to mention they also draw a hard line against mass immigration? Nah, surely it's the fascist bogeyman or something.

Users who are viewing this thread