Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Dex-chan lover
Well... Not gonna lie, these last 50 or so chapters were cringeworthy as fuck. I'm not sad, just disappointed. Akasaka just turned his beautiful realistic (almost) romance manga into some kind of stupid shounen. The last few chapters were very nice to read, because all the characters definitely deserve a gold ending, but the aftertaste of all the cringe just didn't let me enjoy it as much as I could've.

In conclusion, this is the best romcom to ever exist. The characters, the story, the themes it brings up. I wouldn't be lying if I said this manga guided me through my own teenagehood more then any other piece of media (Except Mushoku Tensei, but that is unreachable level). Unfortunately, as it often happens, the ending didn't live up to the rest of the manga. But I encourage y'all to not forget the truly masterpiece quality of the rest of the story, even if the last act was not the same quality.

9/10, because the ending is important. I wish I could give it 10/10, because everything before the ending definitely deserves it.

Group Leader
A perfectly imperfect manga. Like, seriously, the second HALF of the manga is convoluted as all hell, leaving tons of plot lines unresolved and the drop in quality was noticable
, especially Ishigami's love story which got milked HARD only to be disappointing in the end.
Fuck this manga. But I still loved every moment of it, especially the student council's journey together, and that FUCKING AMAZING ending. Also, I massively respect the author for making 281 chapters of romcom without using single a panty shot.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
stopped when that Shijo dude came out of nowhere and already had a hunch whats that dude plotting so, planning to read and finish this, may i ask what chapter can i continue to read when Shijo gets yeeted out the frame?

Fed-Kun's army
stopped when that Shijo dude came out of nowhere and already had a hunch whats that dude plotting so, planning to read and finish this, may i ask what chapter can i continue to read when Shijo gets yeeted out the frame?

Just continue, its probably not what you think

Users who are viewing this thread