Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 12 Ch. 121 - Freshman Year, Spring

Ehhh the former president is so cool and good looking too.... author why hide him all this time!

@Qelix it is implied in the previous chapter that he was in love with her since this incident. It doesn't say he instantly fell in love with her, so I like to read it as in he admires her. So, I think he probably admired her ----> became student council president, asked her to be vice-president and found out just how cold and mean she can be (like the flashback from his birthday chapter) -----> the rumor they're dating started and he starts to think she'd make a good partner (and probably remembers the admiration he had and still has for her, despite her personality) -------> their games of confession starts
He probably started to genuinely like her only after they started their schemes and she became warmer and friendlier as a person.

I think the sentence that "he fell in love with her a long time ago" is more of an "this is the thing that started it all" rather than a "he was madly in love with her from the start"
I also think his admiration for Kaguya gave him a goal (to become president) which is probably what he actually needed.

I also find it ironic that Kaguya fell in love with prez because he was always helping people without wanting something back yet on page 19 she says that she'd never get along with someone like that. Shows how much she has grown as a person. Does that mean that Miyuki inspired her? Even thou he was inspired by her? Lol inspireception

Fed-Kun's army
@Qelix: Yup, retcon it is. But it's forgivable. After all it was over 120 chapters ago, way back in chapter 1, that the mangaka asserted that Shirogane was "A man of unparallelled wisdom and intellect" and "A genius among geniuses, the top scorer in the entire country!" :
p12.png

As you can see, he even scored higher than Shinomiya, so this new back story is a bunch of horseshit.

It's unfortunate that the mangaka has decided to retcon the story and make Shirogane a dullard just so the useless Shinomiya can shine like the light that comes out of Bono's ass.
he never scored high back then tho?

Users who are viewing this thread