Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 142 - Regarding Kaguya Shinomiya, Part 4

Dex-chan lover
@KazutoKatsuragi
What? Can't get any more obvious?
I can give you a hint on how to be more obvious : If you want to show that you love someone don't fucking rejected him.

Shirogane did a big effort to ask her to go with him oversea and he showed his sentiments with hundreds of heart shaped Ballons in an event where even a small heart is equal to a confession.
That is obvious.

Kaguya kissed him then said it was nothing, rejected him and finally give some smaller hint that she like him.

She just gave Shirogane the impression that he couldn't understand her at all. (by saying he misread her biggest hint : the French kiss). So it's normal that he doesn't want to analyse normally the other more subtle hints she throw.

Double-page supporter
Ice Kaguya just can't handle Miyuki. He's an idiot, so only idiot Kaguya can deal with him.

Dex-chan lover
All the people going on about how her hinting is obvious: It is being deliberately made obvious to the readers for comedic effect. That doesn't mean it is obvious to him in-narrative (else he would have noticed).

That aside I'm not surprised by this direction. I mean she is both female and Japanese, both of which favour vague hinting over speaking clearly. But that isn't what is particularly damning. The real trouble is that she has repeatedly shut him down in explicit terms this chapter, yet still tries to hint to the contrary.
Yes, I know real women do this.
And then they go complaining on Twitter about why their guy left them after she basically told him to fuck off but expected him to keep trying.
And those Twitter posts end up in my Facebook newsfeed as memes... mostly on pages which are "hur hur women are retarded and also sluts" type stuff that my friends like to share for some reason.

ANYWAY...
The moral of this story is: USE WORDS.

People can and will still misunderstand words, but that is usually because they falsely assume the words don't mean what they say... so... more stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread