Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 145 - Kaguya Wants to Eat (Ice)

Nice snipe. You're our hero!!!

Poor Kaguya too obsessed with the wiener, disregarding the feeling of people around her.

Dex-chan lover
There's no way this isn't a setup for a dumb joke. These last few chapters have been pretty dumb.

Normally I'm a bit ticked off with a set back like this...
But with the news of next week's hiatus and golden week coming 3 weeks from now, this is going to feel excruciatingly slow.

But what happens 3 chapters from now with be something to read, like, some top tier shit

I like how these snipers and "it's wrong to profit off of illegal scanlations" people seem to think that these scanlators are somehow profitable. The money they get from patreon/ads probably don't even cover half the server costs.

Not a fan of this arc so far, Prez fainting at the perfect time is a disappointing cliché. It was an okay chapter though, hopefully Ice finally realizes that her methods suck and she should just talk it out already.

hey, @appu1232

I've scanlated a bunch, and I'm not out a single cent. Were I the one the one who paid for the raws for everything, I'd be out maybe $30 at most, ~$70 if you included doujinshi. There is no need for a scanlator to have a website with ads on it. From what I've heard of people who have worked in JB, they are most definitely profitable(a maybe-reliable number: $5k/month).
Btw, a wordpress site doesn't cost any money to run, as the ads go towards wordpress, who pay for your server.

Why do you think they go to the effort to get early raws to beat viz? Views bring money.

@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX Fair enough, haven't heard any mention of 5k/month personally and I dunno how reliable that number is but I'll take your word for it I guess.

On the other hand, I can understand being angry at getting early raws to beat official TLs that are caught up, but that's not the case here with Kaguya. Viz is still on volume 8 and won't catch up to the current volume till late next year. If you want to target JB's bad practice of sniping official TLs that come out a few days after JB snipes them (the Shounen Jump ones), then I suggest you target those series instead of Kaguya.

Personally I don't care for JB at all but I have talked to some of the TLs on JB that work on this series and they constantly take feedback from manga readers about wording inconsistencies and are generally very open to criticism and advice, so I dislike treating them like one entity to hate like JB. The scanlators for Kaguya itself don't earn a single cent either (at least from what I've been told). I can understand you don't know that since you don't follow the series, but just some food for thought.

@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX Yep, as a former member of a scanlation group, I can't stand groups(won't name names) that ask for a ridiculous amount such as $400/500 to keep there scanlation group going. "We really need it to continue scanlating!". Most members of scanlation groups have other full-time jobs such as myself, and we do it for the love of scanlating. It also depends on where you're getting the raws, I know groups that will grab them off LHraws and the like or from 4chan that's usually just a Vietnamese or Korean scanlation that's ahead of the English series.

If you're hosting your own image server, reader, etc I can understand server costs to an extent, but you aren't going to need anything close to the amount of money stated above. MangaDex is here to help groups with that, but some groups would rather just do there own thing, which I totally understand. Still boggles my mind that any scanlation group would think that they could earn enough to make scanlating a full-time job.

Edit: do want to note there are people/groups with extenuating circumstances, I forget his name, but there's a scanlator that's basically stuck at home caring for his mother with a chronic condition that I've donated to in the past, he's been at it for years but I haven't seen any of his work recently so his name is drawing a blank.

Dex-chan lover
If only we could harness the energy that people expend being angry at scanlators for inconsequential shit towards something worth that time.

Unrealistic, I know.

Double-page supporter
SHE DEFINITELY WANTS THE WEINER

PAGE 15

My god she's a natural

Aggregator gang
@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX

I'm glad to hear some actual numbers. For some reason readers feel like scanlators are entitled to make money of off what is basically intellectual property theft. MangaDex supports by allowing both group delays and also removing stuff from other sites that don't allow rehosting.

I don't even understand why sniping is looked down upon when scanlating is intellectual property theft. How can a scanlation group claim exclusive rights to something? I love how people try regulate and apply protections on what is actually a stolen product. The whole idea of group delays, no sniping, et cetera basically boils down to "scanlation groups need protection, but intellectual property rights do not". It is so fucking stupid.

@friedtofu that scanslator is kireicake i think (or somebody who works with them). Link: https://reader.kireicake.com/read/helck/en/0/86/2/page/6

Users who are viewing this thread