Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Chika Fujiwara Wants a Celebration

Group Leader
> Thank you for the translation, @akrolsmir!

> I enjoyed this translation a lot! Showcased a lot of fun typesetting and detail to each character (such as the selfish greed that is Fujiwara) that went beyond simple translation.
> The sobbing from happiness line was a fun touch!

Thanks, @seraphescence! I did actually try pretty hard to get the dialogue to flow well and fit each character (Kaguya, for example, speaks more formally and wordily), and add some punch to the jokes through typesetting.

Beyond the memes (lul 12 versions out), it's nice to draw people's focus to the difference between a passable translation and an excellent one. I don't think mine is "excellent" by any means, but past translators like Psylocke showcased how important the role of the scanlator is in just getting you to laugh, and I wanted to pay homage to that.

Group Leader
> Watari when :pogg

@PiakuchuKiller NGL seeing you do your upload was one of my inspirations to jump in too. Doubt I'm actually going to pick up anything, though, JP->ENG still takes me too long.

Double-page supporter
Maybe it's just because I'm a noob to the scanlation community. But why the fuck do you guys not focus on uploading the translations to the missing chapters instead of uploading the latest one 18 trillion times?

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

They just don't stop coming.

Dex-chan lover
@sixfish11
Maybe it's just because I'm a noob to the scanlation community. But why the fuck do you guys not focus on uploading the translations to the missing chapters instead of uploading the latest one 18 trillion times?
QuiBuOS.jpg

PS: I don't get it either.

@sixfish11
Due to MD rules. You'll have to wait for 6 months before translations from JB could be uploaded here (assuming they'll still remains inactive)...

Group Leader
> This. This is the most fluid translation IMO

@Blablablablitz Thanks! That made me really happy :)

> ok cool now why don't they upload them here?

Check out http://ka.guya.moe for past chapters (and a really sweet reading interface)

@akrolsmir @Blablablablitz

LOL! I just posted the same sort of comment on another version. Yes! This one's got style and class.

There are 14 (and counting) scanlations at this point.

Most of the scanlations are very nice. This one... for me... has a bit more style, flair and careful treatment. I'll be keeping an eye out for their scanlations in future.

With JB finally dead, it's nice to see the various groups who have so much talent take hold of this title and do their very best. And here I was, wondering if JB's titles would all die. Hah. Was I ever wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread