Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Ch. 45 - Chairman Roselwe

Dex-chan lover
well, Dariel can just one-off that smug head and be done with it. Reason? he released monster inside the village and harming his villagers
Not gonna lie maybe it's cultural or something, but i've noticed in a lot of manga that the MC can never do shit against people in a better position of power than them despite having the powers of Gods (and anime) on their side, they only react and even then even if the bad guy was literally Hitler at best they get stripped of their rank or get a slap in the wrist (social humiliation what a tragedy truly worse than death), it's like they're trying to teach kids to never oppose people in positions of authority even if they're the worst example of humanity the world has to offer (my favorite cliche is the horrible noble family with the "conveniently" good egg who can fix everything).

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie maybe it's cultural or something
Or it could be that attacking the guildmaster will be seen as a declaration of war against the humanity. Sure, he can off the guildmaster no problem, he can probably even come out on top against the combined human forces, but will there be the village left for him to be the head of? He definitely will not be able to protect all of his loved ones, and it will end in a great loss of life, something he was succesfully and deliberately avoiding for the whole manga
But sure, let's blame it all on manga industry collectively deciding to create conformist propaganda, with some Godwin's law peppered on top, because apparently grass does not grow outside your house

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie maybe it's cultural or something, but i've noticed in a lot of manga that the MC can never do shit against people in a better position of power than them despite having the powers of Gods (and anime) on their side, they only react and even then even if the bad guy was literally Hitler at best they get stripped of their rank or get a slap in the wrist (social humiliation what a tragedy truly worse than death), it's like they're trying to teach kids to never oppose people in positions of authority even if they're the worst example of humanity the world has to offer (my favorite cliche is the horrible noble family with the "conveniently" good egg who can fix everything).
to be fair, he is the leader of the village, some of those members rely on outside connections like the blacksmiths, and a direct retaliation, even if justified, could lead to that powerstructure going after everyone he's supposed to protect. Remember the moral at the end of fate/zero, the solutions to issues and conflicts that are available to a single individual, sans negotiation or cooperation, is merely extreme violence to the point that you'll probably wipe out what you're protecting too.

Not to say that just blindly kowtowing is the best option. In most of those situations, the issue is that they are still hiding for some stupid reason. The best option would be to reveal yourself as the better(stronger), make a public appeal(let everyone know they wronged you and not the other way around), and openly declare your stance(I want peace, they want war). THEN when you destroy them, there won't be so many people gathered against you thinking you're the bad guy.

Dex-chan lover
While I agree that most of the time the MC's seem overly passive/lenient against nobles, royalty and higher influence people, I can kinda see why when they have lots of people (or a town) to protect, while they could take out the threat it's quite possible that it would escalate the situation and put everyone they are trying to protect in greater danger and as atleast one OP MC has stated "I can't be everywhere all the time".

Dex-chan lover
image.png

His stepbrother slowly but surely becomes his (male)imouto with each passing chapter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread