Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1 - A dark ex-soldier who became an adventurer

Group Leader
@sarshi Thanks a lot, it's nice to read this. I've been practicing my English a lot since the first chapter. 😊❤

Group Leader
@berubetto Thank you very much, words like these make me want to keep improving. 🤗
I'm already working on the next chapter 😎

Dex-chan lover
was he literally just a neet pretending to be a soldier for all those years?

The translation is crap. The protagonist is pretty clueless. I’ll keep reading.

aaand again that myth about heavy swords
the sword he got in his hands even not a one meter long so its weight should be around 1kg or even less
its not heavy at all

Dex-chan lover
@defianze Simply owning a sword is so difficult in Japan that I'm a bit understanding toward Japanese authors for not realising swords aren't heavy. Another factor are the ridiculously oversized weapons common in JRPGs. A three meters long sword with the thickness of an arm would weigh quite a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god. I'm laughing at his jealous reaction so hard I had to wait to catch my breath before starting the next chapter.
The huge steel hammer vs the dinky little wooden buckler was AWESOME.

@Kaarme
I owned a couple swords growing up due to a neighbor being a blacksmith as a hobby. He would give me one or two a year for gifts.
Most of the swords he gave me weighed between 1 and 3 pounds, I think? I don't have them anymore, though. I lost them in a move from Florida to Michingan :(
So, yeah. The average sword isn't all that heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread