Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.2 - Smith's ambition

Maybe in future Dariel would become some detterence and a peacefull delegation from Hyuman side...

@JavelinJoe I’m with you. While I get why swords are picked so often being easily recognized and to draw the battles. It would be so nice to see something like you said or a ranged weapon that’s not a bow or pistol, normal sized war hammer, dual axes, buckler and gladius type sword, a non magic staff, halberd or naginata, jian, three sectioned staff, tonfas, mace/club, even any sword that wasn’t standard long sword/huge slab of iron. So many options for MC weapons yet we always get the same thing. A good unique weapon or fighting style could take an average Manga like this or all the isekai’s and bump it up a notch or two.

Dex-chan lover
latest

Dex-chan lover
@inKraken, were a product of the Japanese battlefield were due to poor iron quality ore meant they never really gone into steel armor, unlike European that were significant better armored and so slashing and cutting weapons werent very useful, there is a reason why the swords moved towards thinner trusting blade weapons like rapiers because they could enter the chinks of the armors and cause damage.

The problem is apparently this flies over heads most of the time, the Katana is a good weapon ... as long the enemy is unarmored because it was mostly used against enemies that at best had iron parts in their armor, against steel armor ... its going to shatter because it wasnt designed to absolve the energy of those impacts and for a allround weapon the longsword works *fine* since it affect every armor in some way even if its not going to be particular good at doing a specific type of damage.

Double-page supporter
So mr. Blacksmith want to forge a weapon that have Slash, Hit, Sting, and Guard attribute? 🤔

Holy shit. If not transforming weapon, then idk what form it will be. and at most I can only imagine Sword & Shield Bow. 😂

@Akxera maybe something along the lines of the Charge weapons from monster hunter start as sword and shield and then combine into something like a pike with a hammering flat from the shield face? Not sure if something like a spear tip will work for sting but it's about all I can think of without some kind of gunsword thing.

Also on a side tangent has anyone else considered the possibility that the female lead might be half demon? Like her mom was a demon, perhaps illegitimate granddaughter of the demon king or something dramatic like that? It seems unlikely it would be quite so large of a twist though........

I can't recall if we've ever seen her use aura so I was thinking on it.

Fed-Kun's army
@JavelinJoe
@Wyald

I know them feels... But as one of my friends puts it, it's because "The reason you may not have heard of the importance of polearms or spears in general is that our cultural obsession with swords is at least a thousand years old."

Ironically, even actual samurai didn't master swordsmanship alone, if anything, they mastered spear combat paired with archery, the sword was practically there as a last resort should they lose both other weapons.

Aggregator gang
Now that went to "I'm just joking" to "let's talk business now" in a single page.

Dex-chan lover
So the workshop will continue to waste mythril cause old man won’t teach anybody

@Silvernius Yeah the sword gets all the romanticized attachment of knights and samurais in both cultures. Even though spears and clubs most of the time were far better weapons on the battlefield the sword gets all the credit for the famous duels. Spears don’t get the credit as one of the earliest universal equalizers in warfare. Take some peasants with spears and they could beat a trained knight/samurai even better when outnumbered. At least with armor I get why they don’t show chain mail as much in manga since it would be hell to draw every panel. Maybe when it becomes a bit more wide spread that samurai/knights had multiple weapons before going to the sword especially if they fought an armored opponent we would get more weapon variety.

Fed-Kun's army
@Wyald

It doesn't help that a sword is considered as "a symbol of nobility" since in some parts of medieval Europe IIRC, owning swords was illegal, so what peasants did was claim that their swords were actually machetes... which they were, but they were still swords in a sense.

Also, in terms of legendary weaponry, what tends to be famous about most knights and such are their swords while for most spear users it's the user themselves who are more recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread