Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Why? As long as the groups continue to translate the series they can continue to upload to MD

Rule 1.3
Any scanlated release is allowed to be uploaded regardless of the existence of official translations...
A lot of scanlators tend to drop manga with official releases due to the threat of legal trouble. I'm not quite sure if it'd hold up in most country's courts though.

Hopefully this, and the half a dozen other series J-novel just threw out a chapter for, aren't dropped though. A lot of them are manga I'm quite fond of and I'm sure many other are fond of too.

Contributor
A lot of scanlators tend to drop manga with official releases due to the threat of legal trouble. I'm not quite sure if it'd hold up in most country's courts though.

Hopefully this, and the half a dozen other series J-novel just threw out a chapter for, aren't dropped though. A lot of them are manga I'm quite fond of and I'm sure many other are fond of too.
Sure some groups have a policy of stopping their TL, but then their TL wouldn't be any on any site. So my question remains if the group continues to do their TL why would someone have to go to another site to read it?

Contributor
fucking J-Novel are worse than mtl snipers...
Can you provide more details on why you feel this way, because I have a pretty different opinion of J-Novel.
  • The quality of their translations is usually really good
  • Their prices are fair
  • You get to support the creators
The only thing I don't like about J-Novel is that of the stuff that they pick up and that I read tends to be digital only and not get physical print. But that's mostly a personal preference thing

Dex-chan lover
Can you provide more details on why you feel this way, because I have a pretty different opinion of J-Novel.
  • Their prices are fair
The only thing I don't like about J-Novel is that of the stuff that they pick up and that I read tends to be digital only and not get physical print. But that's mostly a personal preference thing
idk how exactly it works but when i read it earlier they say that their digital copies disappear when the printed version comes out. so the chapters they TL go away after a while? cuz tbf 4.50/month is a good price imo. but if the chapters i read disappear after some time then nah.

Contributor
idk how exactly it works but when i read it earlier they say that their digital copies disappear when the printed version comes out. so the chapters they TL go away after a while? cuz tbf 4.50/month is a good price imo. but if the chapters i read disappear after some time then nah.
Hmm, I will have to double check that part about the digital copies disappearing once a physical copy becomes as available because I do not believe that to be the case also it doesn't make any sense considering they say they only print series that have good digital sales.

In regards to the membership, I do know that their membership plan allows you to read chapters until they are officially put into a volume release. To pull from J-Novel's FAQ
Members can read the latest pre-publication (prepub) parts as they are finished being translated for all of our ongoing series! They can also purchase J-Novel Coins at a 5% discount.
The prepub releases are available until the ebook is published, just like implied.

After the final part in a volume is released, there will be a month where we do final proofreading and typesetting for the ebook, so all parts will be available for a minimum of 4-5 weeks, and over two months for the first parts in each volume.

Prepub parts expire within a month of the ebook release, around the 15th of each month. After expiring, you can still read these parts if you own the premium ebook, or you can rent them for Coins!
Also from what I have heard they have a rotating monthly selection of titles that you can read in their entirety.
EDIT: found this in JNC's FAQ after reading it a few times
We also make entire series available as “catchups” every month. A catchup series will have all the prepub parts for every volume in that series made available for Members to read. These catchups change every month, so you can check out a lot of series and find new ones to follow!
END EDIT

If I got something wrong please let me know and provide a source if possible

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
  • Their prices are fair
its the regional block issue for me

Users who are viewing this thread