Kakegurui Midari - Vol. 4 Ch. 59 - A Woman Called Nureba Ayame 17

Dex-chan lover
So... is that mean everyone is alive? Yuri harem for midari?

Ty for the tl tho!

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter and for translating one of the best manga series out there. In the end it just drives home that Midari is truly sad and being her is pain. She is such a fun character and her sadness came from seeing Ayame someone who has impressed her before and aroused her interest would rather risk death then harm her because she see's Midari despite all of her crazy is someone worth saving because even she has good points. I was surprised I honestly thought it would end with either Ayame killing herself to screw over Ootori and cuck Midari or somehow freeing herself and then abandoning Midari after informing her she isn't worth her time. I love that Midari was able to acknowledge her own feelings for Ayame and admit why she keeps her around and I think at the very least she has realized she has a friend and somewhat kindred spirit in Nureba. Ootori being their new intern was hilarious. Midari witnessing and processing Ayame's resolution to if necessary bust a cap on Ootori though if it would secure her survival or she felt threatened by her was a great scene. Her understanding that Ayame could fulfill her desire but wouldn't because she feels just as strongly that Midari should live was a great moment of growth for her and makes me question just how often Midari truly wants to truly harm others.
But yup Midari in the end is just a big M that leaks a crazy amount of bottom energy and just needs a true gal to be pals with. I hope at some point she and Ayame are able to do just that.

That chapter came out quick again! Thanks, because I was pretty anxious to see how it would end. And thank you for the translations, Chill. Because of your efforts and those of the previous translators, I was finally able to read this manga, since I don't know Japanese. This was a pretty good manga series.

**Spoiler alert!**

About the ending itself:
it was... decent. Kinda lackluster. I loved seeing Ayame having that display of willpower and the desire to live and make her own decisions. It shows she's become more mature. Also, her threatening Ootori was pretty cool. But I think everything's ended too well for this kind of story. I was kinda expecting Ayame to abandon the Council and tell Midari she wouldn't want to see her again or something like that, since she was always dragged around and she didn't want to kill anyone. During the Council scene, it seemed like she went back to her old, timid and undecisive self. And about Ootori... it was funny; I did not expect that. I thought she'd become a housepet or something, since she had screwed a lot of other students and the Student Council was already onto her.

I'll be honest, as much as I enjoyed Kakegurui and its spinoffs, the last arc was such a long borefest (no offense to the translator, though, it's a great translation). The arcs before that are at least interesting, but this one dragged on for too long.

The main series so far never killed anyone (or maybe I missed something), so it's basically guessable that nobody will die in the end. I skipped several chapters (for the lulz) directly to the last chapter and they are *still* revolving around the noose. Damn, talk about dedication.

Thanks for scanlating the last volume!

I knew that the ending would be disappointing, I've seen it happen after months of delays when it was still being published. For people who aren't aware of it, Kakegurui Midari had very irregular releases after Volume 3. We would skip a week, a month, two months. I'm pretty sure we were never given a real justification for it, but it's likely that the artist was not able to keep up with the schedule since he started his own series. This led to a rushed and disappointing ending. I'm definitely sad that we were never able to reach a satisfying conclusion for Ayame's character especially. We don't even know where she and Habakiri are now in the main series.

In any case, I still like this spinoff and I wish all the girls had had more time to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread