Kakkou no Iinazuke - Vol. 6 Ch. 51 - Would You Mind if I Take Him...?

Dex-chan lover
i really don't like how much time they're devoting to the sister relationship. i know its pointless to say it about a harem manga, but it seems so forced and out of nowhere. like she has no reason to suddenly like him now. just annoying to me. i wish they had a strong and loving sibling relationship that didn't turn romantic. it would be a nice element in this manga that has the theme of choosing your family vs your family being chosen for you.

Dex-chan lover
I seriously don't get all the Hiro hate. It's really overblown. I can only assume it's because people are prepared for Eri to win because she's the first/main girl and so Hiro looks more unnecessary cuz we all know how this is gonna end. It feels like everytime she sneezes everyone's like "Goddamn Hiro".

Considering how stunned Erica was when Hiro said that, I wonder if it made her start realizing what she feels for Nagi, I mean she did seemed troubled at first when Hiro asked if she could have Nagi if Erica wasn't interested in him. She then later seemed excited but that stunned expression on her face when Hiro said it as well as her hesitating before answering just made me think that since we knows that she enjoys her time with Nagi, and she has said that she didn't like him like that YET! Also she seemed embarrassed when he said that he would change her destiny when he was gonna help her study so she wouldn't have to go back home and told him to take responsibility for saying that.

I mean I do think Erica has feelings for Nagi, it will most likely just take seeing Hiro trying to get together with him for her to finally realizing them, like her reaction after seeing Nagi on a date with Hiro. I mean she was fine hearing about it but seeing them together like that upset her, so she asked him on a date to try and get the same kind of happiness out of him like he showed with Hiro and she clearly got frustrated when she couldn't and even asked him why he got so cuddly with another girl and asked if he thought that going on a date with her wouldn't be fun before using the you're my fiancee excuse for the first time.

So yeah I do think that Erica does like Nagi romantically only she hasn't realized it, and we do know that Nagi do have some feelings for her as well.

@jdjohndoe13 a couple years ago at a family gathering with the girl I was about to purpose to, I was looking at a photo album with her and some of my cousins when I saw a guy I didn't recognize at first. But then I went "oh right, X". One cousin next to me went "who?" me: ha ha very funny. Him "no I'm serious who is that? Me: uh.... Your brother?

My uncle had a kid from a previous marriage who he would occasionally bring to family gatherings. But we hadn't seen him in over a decade, when my cousin was still young. I guess he hadn't seen him since then either because he completely forgot he had an older brother

Now this is interesting. Hiro hasn't met her fiancé and Nagi's real dad is married to someone that looks like her.

What if all 4 of these kids are somehow all intertwined. And what if the dad was setting it up for Nagi to marry all of them?!

I am just dreaming, as I just want a harem end man.

@jdjohndoe13 i mean it's just weird to not know your own family tree.
When i was in elementary school i already know everyone up to grandparents siblings from both my mom and dad. It's not rocket science to know who your family members are.
Well if you're american i can understand why, they have the weakest family bond and it's not uncommon for hating own family members.

Dex-chan lover
@djasindra
everyone up to grandparents siblings from both my mom and dad
Wow. That's one tight family bond or a really well-preserved photo albums / recordings. I couldn't have achieved the same even if I wanted. My grandparents had 4-10 siblings each (my maternal grandfather was 11-th, the youngest child in his family), went through World War 2 and all other kinds of hardships. Not many family bonds survived, especially considering the fact that they lived over 5000 miles apart from their relatives in the age when phones were only affordable for privileged few and organizations.
And it's kind of weird to ask "dad, have you ever had a mistress on the side or an ex-wife you're glad you've finally managed to forget after happily marrying mom?"

Just caught up from the start, here's my random theory. Nagi's father REALLY wants the Amano and Umino families connected, for some reason (regardless of whether he intentionally orchestrated the baby swap), and I don't buy that it's just due to the Nagi/Erika switched at birth thing, since for some reason he suggested that Nagi marrying Sachi works as well (sure it joins the families, but wasn't the point to marry the switched kids?). To our knowledge, the Umino family is poor though, so it's a weird choice for a hotel tycoon's son's arranged marriage.

I think there's something important about the Umino family that we don't know. All we were told is that the Umino parents are ex-delinquents (from how Nagi/Sachi were raised). Based on that, I'm guessing that maybe the father is related to a big yakuza family (making Nagi's reference to a yakuza fiancee ironic in chapter 1, haha), but that he decided to live a humble clean life and separated from them, possibly when his kid was born. Obviously neither Nagi nor Sachi would know anything about this. The reason for Amano wanting the Umino family connection could be that it'd allow him to expand his hotel chain into some territory controlled by the Umino yakuza family.

I'm less confident about this part, but if Nagi's brother figured out what the father was planning, like possibly that he planned to have him marry Erika, who was raised as his sister, that'd be a pretty good reason to run away. That'd make Nagi+Erika a backup plan, and Nagi+Sachi the backup backup plan (Sachi+Nagi's brother a 4th option?? just wait till they coincidentally meet). This part sort of assumes that the father intentionally swapped the children at birth, which makes me less confident about it. Like how exactly would you plan to switch children at birth? Keep track of the other family's pregnancy and somehow sync your wife's delivery? Or was it spontaneously executed upon seeing a baby's name in the hospital? Hard to believe it was a premeditated 16 year plan. It's much more believable that it's opportunistic upon learning about the accidental swap. I also feel like we just don't have enough info to make a good guess on Nagi's brother in general.

Anyway this series is pretty fun, wasn't expecting to be theory crafting when I picked it up.

P.S. Hiro is worst girl, she's controlling and selfish and probably hypocritical because I think she has plenty of secrets of her own that she doesn't share with Nagi.

Dex-chan lover
Brother plot is really annoying aside it’s something else and not new character out of nowhere

Users who are viewing this thread