Kakunaru Ue wa - Ch. 23 - Awards Ceremony

Exactly. The end goal of "I have to be a man worthy of them!" is always "but you already are, you just didn't realize it!" We just have to sit and wait until he's allowed to understand that and then we can move on to the rest of the story.
Disagree. The end goal of "I have to be a man worthy of them!" is NOT always "but you already are, you just didn't realize it!". Often, the end goal of "I have to be a man worthy of them!" is "I have to be a man worthy of them!." Sometimes you simply are not good enough for the other person. If a person were a fat, lazy, ugly slob who was emotionally and sometimes physically abusive, then that person would not be worthy of his or her diametric opposite. That example is extreme, however it illustrates that there are instances when one must forge oneself into a person worthy of the other person.

In this instance, Uehara-kun is not necessarily unworthy, but he is not necessarily worthy either. Miyamoto Niina is a beautiful, hardworking girl who has a bright future ahead of her. Why should Miyamoto be his girlfriend? I know that she already likes him, but Uehara-kun does not know that. And objectively she can find hundreds of guys who are better than Uehara-kun (in a number of different dimensions) who only recently began to change himself, and show tangible progress as a mangaka. Therefore, it is not surprising that Uehara-kun feels that it would be safer to better himself before he confesses.

Supporter
While it would be a nice char dev for him to confess, i don't wanna wait for artificial goals so i hope she does the confession at some point, even if he asks her to wait, making it public would make the reading much more enjoyable

Dex-chan lover
RIP Koi-chan :meguuusad:

Might as well drop it now, I don't care much about meat-chan.

Here's a canon ending for us Koi-chan loyalists:

TXrvbYP.png

r32DTPj.png

IQKJCz4.png

THE END

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Miyamoto almost admitted to being his girlfriend in public like that. We this close.

Please don't give koi chan heartbreak, I don't wanna watch another childhood friend fall because of inevitability :qq:

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Lmao she is so happy for her boyfriend winning like she telling everyone about it and just call yourself the girlfriend because y’all dating stop acting dumb

Dex-chan lover
maybe i just dont have any sense of fashiom either, but yume-sensei's shirt is fire

Users who are viewing this thread