Kakunaru Ue wa - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - I...

Dex-chan lover
I like that she realised she was a bit out of line with her gushing previously. It was implied last chapter, but made more clear here.

I don't see how this could go any other way than a "I have to reach this one specific milestone as a mangaka before I can confess" storyline, question is how long that will take
Milestone confessing is so trite.

In general, too, I didn't really think she would be the type of character to gush about a guy's looks she just met but it isn't too far from expectations.
It's like gushing over an idol, and don't think that's out of character for her. She's very expressive and energetic.

Dex-chan lover
I like that she realised she was a bit out of line with her gushing previously. It was implied last chapter, but made more clear here.

Milestone confessing is so trite.

It's like gushing over an idol, and don't think that's out of character for her. She's very expressive and energetic.
How was it realized or made clear here? She doesn't mention the gushing at all, or apologize at all. The dude sits and waits even after the fireworks are over, and is the only one who apologizes. All the speech bubbles are his.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How was it realized or made clear here? She doesn't mention the gushing at all, or apologize at all. The dude sits and waits even after the fireworks are over, and is the only one who apologizes. All the speech bubbles are his.
Maybe not that clear, then. In the previous chapter she told him he didn't need to say it like that. That means she objected to the way he said it, not not to the contents of what he said. It implies she thinks he was right to call her out.

In this chapter she thought he hated her. With her personality, I don't think she'd think that if she didn't think she'd done anything wrong. People just don't start hating others for no reason. So the why there doesn't have a lot of options.

She didn't apologise because she was too busy bawling her eyes out being relieved he didn't hate her.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

What is with recent Romcom and people knowing their feelings before the chapter 30. Like its a good change, but it makes me want more progress.
I am seeing alot of uncertainty if the manga will continue or not, thats what I notice some RomCom mangas are adverstisement for the LN or Game and some getting axed early, probably why the progress is fast.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe not that clear, then. In the previous chapter she told him he didn't need to say it like that. That means she objected to the way he said it, not not to the contents of what he said. It implies she thinks he was right to call her out.

In this chapter she thought he hated her. With her personality, I don't think she'd think that if she didn't think she'd done anything wrong. People just don't start hating others for no reason. So the why there doesn't have a lot of options.

She didn't apologise because she was too busy bawling her eyes out being relieved he didn't hate her.
I just think the Mangaka is going to skip right over it like most do. Itd be nice for her to be like "oh yeah that was kind of fucked up" but I don't think we'll get a moment like that.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what happened to the TL quality in these last 2 chapters? There was hardly a single bubble without errors in this one. Seems like they rushed these 2 out the door after somebody else picked up their slack, and resorted to MTL to get it done quickly.

Dex-chan lover
I just think the Mangaka is going to skip right over it like most do. Itd be nice for her to be like "oh yeah that was kind of fucked up" but I don't think we'll get a moment like that.
Things like that show who the protagonist is. Most of the time, the protagonist is the one who has to appease to others, while others can just take the protagonist's good will for granted. Although with sufficient wish fulfillment, the roles can be reversed.

This manga is very much centred around the MC's point of view, since oftentimes that view is shown to be wrong once we see her perspective or find out more about the situation. At least I think there's been scenes where what we saw wasn't what actually happened, just what he thought happened. I could mix that up with something else, though.

Dex-chan lover
To no one's surprise, the NTR-Bait chapter quickly became the manga's least liked chapter when it was released.
While it remains the least liked, it has since normalized a bit, particularly after the last few chapters (16/17/18), which have been better.

Now, how is the manga doing?

Vol 2 sales reception seems to be on the very bad side so far, almost Axe-worthy. However, the publisher is pushing the manga hard, and the online views are still quite good, so they clearly believe in it... Well, at the very least, the last few untranslated chapters stopped the manga from hemorrhaging interest, which was happening at an alarming from Chapter 8 to 12, so there's good hope it won't be rushed to an end anytime soon despite seemingly lackluster sales.

But you know how these things can go, so, take this information as you will.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, I hate it when they force ntr undertones into a wholesome manga for drama/content, some fucking authors just don't understand what made their manga appealing in the first place. Also fuck off I'm not getting gal cleaned again.

Dex-chan lover
Ok now hear me out author san, I can tolerate a weak shy undecisive spineless insecure short average looking MC who tries to grow and self improve with the help of a hot manic pixie dream girl who's way out of his league but cares about him for whatever reason and tries to slowly take him out of his shell...

BUT... with such MC you're REALLY walking on a thin line between "flawed" and just downright bad and unlikeable character, and the last thing you should throw at me in such circumstances is a scene where the MC is being petty and spiteful towards the girl who never was anything but kind to his loser ass just because of some pathetic jealousy...
Look, I would've let this shit slide if he had any redeeming qualities , but this mf is a total bum, like the least you can do is be harmless... Jesus.

Rant over lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ok now hear me out author san, I can tolerate a weak shy undecisive spineless insecure short average looking MC who tries to grow and self improve with the help of a hot manic pixie dream girl who's way out of his league but cares about him for whatever reason and tries to slowly take him out of his shell...

BUT... with such MC you're REALLY walking on a thin line between "flawed" and just downright bad and unlikeable character, and the last thing you should throw at me in such circumstances is a scene where the MC is being petty and spiteful towards the girl who never was anything but kind to his loser ass just because of some pathetic jealousy...
Look, I would've let this shit slide if he had any redeeming qualities , but this mf is a total bum, like the least you can do is be harmless... Jesus.

Rant over lol
I mean, the MCs reaction is pretty human and realistic. They both go to meet up, the first thing he thinks about is he was able to tone the way she taught him.

The first thing she thinks about? How hot and cool her author is, and how he's totally her type... the dichotomy is heartbreaking.

Double-page supporter
I mean, the MCs reaction is pretty human and realistic. They both go to meet up, the first thing he thinks about is he was able to tone the way she taught him.

The first thing she thinks about? How hot and cool her author is, and how he's totally her type... the dichotomy is heartbreaking.
Don't forget, while they are pretending to be dating as well. Even as a fake relationship it was still in pretty bad taste, whether intentional or not. Kind of reminiscent how small children say hurtful things without realizing it, could have been an opportunity for some character development on her end but nah, same ol' "guy apologizes even though his worries are justified" trope. Guess all the posters in the last chapter's thread forgot they wanted to see her apologize too :p

Dex-chan lover
People's reaction to these two new chapters makes me think they just completely forgot all of what happened in the previous chapters before this. Like, I don't think it's a bad writing decision for her to be the way she is but it's kind of an insane difference to be going on about a guy she just met like that in the previous chapter when the other chapters set up that she's starting to like the main character, it's like she just completely forgot her feelings.

In general, too, I didn't really think she would be the type of character to gush about a guy's looks she just met but it isn't too far from expectations.
Omg yes its actually messing with me a bit, her reaction in this ch are not that of a just friends but then why gush about another guy, to your boyfriend maybe fake one but still a boyfriend, I think she is just that much immature, like kid level immature,

if you think it that way her action throughout manga make sense, though even tho mc was an ass he still deserves an apology, what she did was out of pocket

Users who are viewing this thread