Kakunaru Ue wa - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - I...

Dex-chan lover
Omg yes its actually messing with me a bit, her reaction in this ch are not that of a just friends but then why gush about another guy, to your boyfriend maybe fake one but still a boyfriend, I think she is just that much immature, like kid level immature,

if you think it that way her action throughout manga make sense, though even tho mc was an ass he still deserves an apology, what she did was out of pocket
After reading the recent chapters, it makes me question the decision to have her gushing about the author she's assistant for even more

Fed-Kun's army
I WANTED ATLEAST 4 CHAPTERS OF AWKWARD DISTANCING!!!!! GAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!😭😭

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the MCs reaction is pretty human and realistic. They both go to meet up, the first thing he thinks about is he was able to tone the way she taught him.

The first thing she thinks about? How hot and cool her author is, and how he's totally her type... the dichotomy is heartbreaking.

I'd say it's ironic. And yes, a bit painful. But I identify with her as much as him.

Don't forget, while they are pretending to be dating as well. Even as a fake relationship it was still in pretty bad taste, whether intentional or not. Kind of reminiscent how small children say hurtful things without realizing it, could have been an opportunity for some character development on her end but nah, same ol' "guy apologizes even though his worries are justified" trope. Guess all the posters in the last chapter's thread forgot they wanted to see her apologize too :p
Omg yes its actually messing with me a bit, her reaction in this ch are not that of a just friends but then why gush about another guy, to your boyfriend maybe fake one but still a boyfriend, I think she is just that much immature, like kid level immature,

if you think it that way her action throughout manga make sense, though even tho mc was an ass he still deserves an apology, what she did was out of pocket

Yes and no. Her talking about the hot dude was 100% normal and harmless. That's exactly the sort of thing friends say to one another, and that's exactly what they are: friends. She did nothing wrong and has nothing to apologize for.

He caught feelings and that's what made him feel bad. She didn't make him jealous and angry. He did it to himself, then acted out in a way that created distance between them. So, it was on him to apologize, which he did. A+

The conflict arose because neither of them fully understands their own feelings. But neither deserves much blame for that, because they're both basically children. And real self-awareness is rare even among adults.

edited per @AnotherDuck, below

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You don't have to say "basically" there. They are children. Unless they're 18.
Fair point.

Tbh, I hesitated for a moment over that choice of words. But I think of people in their mid-teens to mid-twenties (or thereabouts) as existing in a transitional space between childhood and adulthood. I don't mean legally, of course, but emotionally and in terms of group identity.

I suppose I make the (indistinct) distinction because "childhood" covers such a wide developmental range.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose I make the (indistinct) distinction because "childhood" covers such a wide developmental range.
Yeah, it's so different how people grow up between both individuals and in what areas they grow up in. A street urchin and a coddled, wealthy child aren't going to mature in the same ways. I tend to think of people as children if they still have a significant amount of growing up to do (though I don't count personality flaws in that, which is a slightly different but adjacent topic).

Users who are viewing this thread