Kamen Kitan Theo - Oneshot

Thanks a lot for the translation! Saw that the mangakas are preparing for a new series, hopefully it's a serialization of this! I dig the D.Gray Man + Blue Exorcist vibes it gives and I really liked Theo's personality!

Dex-chan lover
This literally has the perfect set-up for a medium length serialization. Omg I'm still pissed about Phantom Seer

Dex-chan lover
There's two untranslated things on page 21, but other than that, the typesetting is great!

I wonder if Elanor would become a part of the party if this becomes serialized? Ryuno being healed by this sudden angel dude feels a bit too sudden in my opinion.

Theo's thrown away his humanity, and he really regrets that. So he wants to make sure nothing like that ever happens again, and he seeks to become human again with the Human Mask. That's a neat premise.

I wonder what cleansing flames have to do with werewolves though.

Love this mangaka’s artstyle and artistry! I’m so glad the cancellation of Phantom Seer didn’t get them down! This as a serialized manga would be so interesting to read!

Great art (obviously), with the writer’s ability to write an endearing character. A sibling duo with a mix of tragedy will always pull at my heartstrings. Theo seems like a breakaway from the normal shonen protag. Eccentric and goofy, but not happy go lucky. The manga as a whole gives me D. Grayman vibes, and as someone else mentioned P5, which are good things!

The premise is promising and interesting. If this duo’s second effort gets picked up for serialization I hope it’s not in a magazine where there seems to be some behind the scenes bad blood, despite it being a one shot in WSJ. 8/10

Fed-Kun's army
Kento Matsura's art always amazing, hopefully I can see more manga from him.

Supporter
I think the author underestimates his audience a little. For one, the whole thing is the most obvious serialization bait I've ever seen. And you could smell the kid being the culprit from a mile away. Still, I'm interested in what's next for this premise even if the execution will probably be somewhat cookie-cutter.

Users who are viewing this thread