Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - The story of comparing the nature of cult leaders at a strange cult

Dex-chan lover
I find it interesting reading this after watching the anime since the anime adds some extra stuff but I apparent the author's details that the anime can't really replicate. Plus Roy's speech about his "true love" will never get old to read or see.
Didn't get the chance to read the snipe version & the comments people made about it had me NOPE out of it. Fortunately the wait for this translation was worth it so thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
This cured my eyes after being blinded from that other translator that sniped the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Rish/Riche is named after Rishukyo, an esoteric Buddhist scripture that centers around the idea that humans are pure by nature, thus their activities are naturally pure, and sexual intercourses between man and woman create a clean, pure mental state that allows one to reach Buddhahood. Dakini sitting on a higher stage and not participating in the super orgies is an ancient Japanese ḍākinīs cult thing, the Skull Ritual that Yukito referenced back in chapter 12. The ḍākinīs don't initiate or participate in this ritual but are the object of worship (honzon/gohonzon). Well technically they also covered the skull in the ritual with cum and blood and squirt and whatever else produced from the human bodies during the ritual to keep the skull "warm and nourished" for the ḍākinīs that live in it.

Dex-chan lover
Rish/Riche is named after Rishukyo, an esoteric Buddhist scripture that centers around the idea that humans are pure by nature, thus their activities are naturally pure, and sexual intercourses between man and woman create a clean, pure mental state that allows one to reach Buddhahood. Dakini sitting on a higher stage and not participating in the super orgies is an ancient Japanese ḍākinīs cult thing, the Skull Ritual that Yukito referenced back in chapter 12. The ḍākinīs don't initiate or participate in this ritual but are the object of worship (honzon/gohonzon). Well technically they also covered the skull in the ritual with cum and blood and squirt and whatever else produced from the human bodies during the ritual to keep the skull "warm and nourished" for the ḍākinīs that live in it.
Thanks for the info, back when I was TLing chapter 12 I was trying to find references to this ritual but couldn't.

Dex-chan lover
I find it interesting reading this after watching the anime since the anime adds some extra stuff but I apparent the author's details that the anime can't really replicate. Plus Roy's speech about his "true love" will never get old to read or see.
Didn't get the chance to read the snipe version & the comments people made about it had me NOPE out of it. Fortunately the wait for this translation was worth it so thanks for the chapter.
Yep definitely, although the reordering of the chapters 15-19, in the anime does give a stronger emotional payoff in episode 8 IMO.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks everyone for reading, chapters 17-19 are currently in the works so please keep a lookout

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the info, back when I was TLing chapter 12 I was trying to find references to this ritual but couldn't.
I found it in chapter 3 of this book, and from there I found out Skull Ritual wasn't just a ḍākinīs thing, pretty interesting stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikawa-ryū#Skull_ritual
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2385144
Reading about Dakiniten's history gives a lot of insight into the creative decisions in this arc, from both Dakini's designs and the sex cult to why the author has Dakini interacts with kids.

Users who are viewing this thread