Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - The story of begging and grovelling to a strange god

Dex-chan lover
It will turn out that Loki not a human who borrowed god power, only to reveal later that he in fact was a human who bullshit his way into god realm at some point, fucked a horse along the way etc.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know whether the author is presenting Mitami groveling and begging to the other gods as something funny or something worrying.

Mitama is definitely a great god, but is being presented to the other gods as pretty useless because of the needs of the MC. Also, the MC is definitely using Mitama, and I don't know if it will eventually bite him in the ass that he isn't giving his respect to Mitama.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know whether the author is presenting Mitami groveling and begging to the other gods as something funny or something worrying.

Mitama is definitely a great god, but is being presented to the other gods as pretty useless because of the needs of the MC. Also, the MC is definitely using Mitama, and I don't know if it will eventually bite him in the ass that he isn't giving his respect to Mitama.
With how powerful Mitama was when she was first summoned out of desperation, I'm guessing MC's faith is worth a million followers or something. So he is already doing things the hard way.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Wait how do the fox god still have so much power? Are there aliens believers or something
The gods transcend time itself. Lending power probably bypasses the concept of time, its just that most humans arent asking for power etc. Simply because they dont know that certain gods exist. The only reason Mitama is so weak is that shes moved her presence to the current time instead of staying in the past where she was strongest and lending the mc her powers. But if the author did that, we'd be missing out on a lot of the plot.

Group Leader
異教 can also be translated as "foreign religion".
異教の神に土下座で頼んでみた話 is a pun based on ambiguity, as it could mean "A story of ordering a foreign god to kneel" or "A story of begging and grovelling before a foreign god".

Dex-chan lover
異教 can also be translated as "foreign religion".
異教の神に土下座で頼んでみた話 is a pun based on ambiguity, as it could mean "A story of ordering a foreign god to kneel" or "A story of begging and grovelling before a foreign god".
I've never heard of the term "foreign religion" before, but yeh, pagan will be used for chapter 24 for a good reason.
lol, i can't believe i didn't see the pun originally but now that you mention it I can't unsee it

Dex-chan lover
Despite the anime being kinda of a meme, it managed to make the last scene way much impactful than the manga.

Dex-chan lover
It will turn out that Loki not a human who borrowed god power, only to reveal later that he in fact was a human who bullshit his way into god realm at some point, fucked a horse along the way etc.
I don’t get it, didn’t they already say that was the case? All the Archons are just artificial humans with borrowed powers.

None of them are “Real Gods” aside from Mitama. This chapter makes this even clearer since there’s still a “God Realm”

Dex-chan lover
I don’t get it, didn’t they already say that was the case? All the Archons are just artificial humans with borrowed powers.

None of them are “Real Gods” aside from Mitama. This chapter makes this even clearer since there’s still a “God Realm”
Hmm there is that. I was wondering which "real god" s power Loki has/resembles and tried to joke about what if there are more (unnecessary and to the point of reader's annoyance) plot twists to Loki's background.

Dex-chan lover
The original god Loki did spend some time as a woman. He even gave birth to children.

I'm on board with this theory.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm there is that. I was wondering which "real god" s power Loki has/resembles and tried to joke about what if there are more (unnecessary and to the point of reader's annoyance) plot twists to Loki's background.
Loki, the trickster, was a master of magic, illusion, and transformation. Also had a sharp tongue. He got up to a lot of shenanigans, but I think that, just like Dakini's power is borrowed from Dakini, Loki's power is from Loki.

Per wikipedia, Attar is god/goddess of the hunt who is also associatied with the morning and evening star. I can see how her giant laser beam and combat prowess are related to the roles of the original Attar. Though it's a bit of a stretch because Attar seems associated with different gods and goddess, like Ishtar/Inanna, and her domains are many.

Users who are viewing this thread