Kanaria wa Kiraboshi no Yume wo Miru - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I don't really mind Tsubaki being a geisha, but now that I know that the childhood friend is a martial artist, I can't help but root for her. She really cares for Ayano and is adamant on protecting her. She could also offer her stability, safety and a way out if she ever decides to escape her family's grip. If the author wants us to root for Tsubaki, I'm afraid the bar is quite high.

I don't really mind Tsubaki being a geisha, but now that I know that the childhood friend is a martial artist, I can't help but root for her. She really cares for Ayano and is adamant on protecting her. She could also offer her stability, safety and a way out if she ever decides to escape her family's grip. If the author wants us to root for Tsubaki, I'm afraid the bar is quite high.
Totally damn right. And, I can actually see myself feeling disappointed if ayano does not end up being with tomoe at the end.

Contributor
I never have enough of this author, this is the first time they write historical manga but they are definitely doing a good work. Indeed, the childhood friend, Tomoe Gozen, couldn't have a better name, since it's tradition that the childhood friend loses to the blond girl I don't expect anything, besides the fact that love is not something she has considered yet. I can't wait to see how both of them fail to meet the expectations of their mothers and elope!

Dex-chan lover
Somehow I don't expect a happy ending in a period setting. The mother is getting on my nerves, while Tsubaki's side probably isn't clean either. And given her profession, she was probably with many people before, men even. Maybe Tomoe is a better choice here.
I object to the idea that Tsubaki is “tainted” from sleeping with other people. Purity culture really needs to die.

That said, Tsubaki definitely seems to be taking advantage of our naive protagonist. I’m guessing she’ll try to seduce Ayano, only to end up genuinely falling for her and betraying whatever scheme she’s part of.

Dex-chan lover
I object to the idea that Tsubaki is “tainted” from sleeping with other people. Purity culture really needs to die.

That said, Tsubaki definitely seems to be taking advantage of our naive protagonist. I’m guessing she’ll try to seduce Ayano, only to end up genuinely falling for her and betraying whatever scheme she’s part of.
Don't think I said that she was "tainted" or anything. It's her job after all. It's just that I can't feel anything genuine from her yet (even from the raws), so for now I prefer the "honest" reaction from Tomoe lol. And well, it's not like this is the first story where one of the main isn't "pure" to me, so nothing against that.

Users who are viewing this thread