Kanda Gokura-chou Shokunin-Banashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Cooper

Dex-chan lover
reading the summary was like "oh wow that looks interesting let me read it first--" sees everydayscans heroes doing the scanlation and immediately clicks subscribes without reading first

and after i read it it's fucking good

Group Leader
When I saw this get put on the nominations list for Manga Taisho I was wondering if it would get picked up and here we are! Thank you for the chapter and for the handy cooperage information there at the end.

Dex-chan lover
When I saw this get put on the nominations list for Manga Taisho I was wondering if it would get picked up and here we are! Thank you for the chapter and for the handy cooperage information there at the end.
Lol me too. I saw it on nomination list and clicked follow until the chapter got translated.

Excellent work as always! I’ve been waiting for this to be picked up by a group, but having EHScans do it is the best thing ever!

Your professional work and informative glossaries are always a joy!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Always love your guy's TL notes.

Have you heard of a manga called "Shamrock & Gold"? It's about two Irish immigrants coming to America for the Gold Rush and their journey across America to California. I feel like its right up your ally. You could do a collab with the current translators Poole Scans.

literally cheered out loud when i saw EHscans picked up this manga, thanks for the lords work y'all

Group Leader
Oh man, for some reason I just loooove these historical Japanese slice of life manga, and of course the art is lovely. This is nostalgia for a past I never had! Thank you for doing this!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nice, informative, cosy, feet... It has all the hallmarks of a great and interesting read. Thank you so much for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
oh this is an interesting manga, but i'm wondering if they already invented tanktops back then

Dex-chan lover
Take a gander at this brine barrel from 1787. It looks to me like the work of master hooper Josiah Wooldruff, who learned the craft from his father Jesiah Wooldruff

The slats are not flat. They're curved. The base of the barrel is approximately 20- Every barrel is inspected before usage. The key is that the oak was cured and shaped by Josiah's cousin Joshua, who was a cooper and not a hooper.

Users who are viewing this thread