Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another - Vol. 3 Ch. 10

Aggregator gang
Ugh is she really going to end up hetero simply due to having a female body? I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up from the earlier chapters, goddamnit! The "gender bending" genre is so consistently disappointing in the same repeating ways and it sucks. So much wasted potential. Maybe there's a twist in the next seven chapters, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up again.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't realize until this chapter pointed it out that Miki was Mamiya's sister from the original.

@Jetsetlemming L bozo. If you want yuri then just read yuri. What's the point of gender bend romance if nothing's gonna change or challenge the main character's feelings or way of thinking and that they're just gonna be the same old person just in a new body. (I know it's been 4 years, but I just saw this lol)

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
If a straight person gets genderbent and still straight afterwards, that is them being "the same old person" actually. And it's boring that's what's wrong with it. Straight characters are boring and shouldn't pretend they can be the main characters of queer stories.

If a straight person gets genderbent and still straight afterwards, that is them being "the same old person" actually. And it's boring that's what's wrong with it. Straight characters are boring and shouldn't pretend they can be the main characters of queer stories.
@Jetsetlemming that literally makes no sense. How did they not change if their whole world view starts to change and preference starts to change? Being a boy your entire life and being suddenly put into a girl's body, then beginning to have an identity crisis on whether or not you're still the same you as before the change, confronting the fact that your mind is slowly changing to adapt to your new body and now losing the old point of view you had of being a boy... how is that not changing? This take is so braindead that just assumes that "straight boy becomes girl and starts to like dudes thus she is straight person still, therefore no change", without taking into account the character's struggle to try and maintain their old self (a boy) and eventually come to accept their new feelings. If a character is a boy in the beginning and becomes a girl while having the same train of thoughts and interests, then how is that any different from how they were before? They're just basically still the same boy, which is literally not the queer character you're talking about since they act and think like a boy because they were born a boy, therefore no change. Even if let's say you're right and this story is not queer, how is a person just being transformed physically but having no internal change any more queer than this?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Just because your body changes doesn't mean your taste in people would, many trans people report an evolution but almost never going from "I only like women" to "I only like men" or vice versa. A bisexual awakening is not uncommon but for someone to actually lose attraction to the gender they'd previously preferred is a "basically never" scenario. So it only makes sense for that full reversal to be the trope when you unquestioningly assume gender and sexuality to be intrinsically linked and for heterosexuality to be a standard part of men and women. That's why I say they "remain the same," not in the specifics of who they date but in aggregate they represent the same stupid backwards ignorant ideas about what gender is.
And in general you aren't really respecting the huge difference gender makes. A straight man and a lesbian woman do not have the same sexuality just because they both "like women," because same sex relationships and hetero relationships are completely different in form and function in our society. The flirting is different, the stakes are different, the sex is different, the long term prospect of things is different. And the gender difference obviously goes far beyond romance, because social behaviors and fashion and peer influences and all sorts of things are different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread