Kanreki Hime - Ch. 11 - Walking Home at Night

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 3, 2023
Messages
222
Cute girls aren't getting harassed like this nonstop all day. I get that the author just wanted to speedrun all these uncommon interactions but cramming so many into one day looks ridiculous.
I'm torn between thinking it's some weird side effect of the drug and thinking this manga jumped the shark fast... Who knows? Guess we'll find out.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
755
I think the world of the manga is a sort of heightened nightmarish zone where the social issues are the same as the real world, but their exact manifestation is a bit unreal and exaggerated, with a few supernatural additions, like the magical transformation drug. Sort of like the films of Cronenberg or Lynch. The absurd gauntlet of awful things Goh goes through feels similar here to their weird overly simplified pseudo-idyllic lives we saw before, all in this zone of all-too-real unreality.
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Oct 27, 2019
Messages
315
I think the world of the manga is a sort of heightened nightmarish zone where the social issues are the same as the real world, but their exact manifestation is a bit unreal and exaggerated, with a few supernatural additions, like the magical transformation drug. Sort of like the films of Cronenberg or Lynch. The absurd gauntlet of awful things Goh goes through feels similar here to their weird overly simplified pseudo-idyllic lives we saw before, all in this zone of all-too-real unreality.
That's a really good way to put it. Sounds like Oku too, he's used to hyper-fictional stories so amplification for a SoL drama would make total sense.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
54
The slow horror buildup of the guys seeing Goh less as a friend and more as a prop was interesting, but this chapter might be jumping the shark, can't lie.

giphy.gif
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Oct 27, 2019
Messages
315
The slow horror buildup of the guys seeing Goh less as a friend and more as a prop was interesting, but this chapter might be jumping the shark, can't lie.
I think it's something you see quite often in drama manga. Authors want to get the inevitable out of the way to get into the specifics of their characters' relationships and drama. It does feel over the top, but I like the comment above from keatsta. If it keeps consistent, I don't think I'll mind how exaggerated it is because it works artistically that way. Even if it ends up in a harder-to-read-through story, I think it's better off for the message and themes this manga is trying to communicate.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
663
I mean, the acceptable reaction to finding your friend being assaulted is going after the perpetrator and beat him up, not just leave him scape like that.
You say that like you'd be some hero, but statistically there's a good chance you'd just stand there as a bystander unable to process. Or just get your ass stabbed or shot by the rapist lmao.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 10, 2019
Messages
610
Cute girls aren't getting harassed like this nonstop all day. I get that the author just wanted to speedrun all these uncommon interactions but cramming so many into one day looks ridiculous.
Goh is not just cute, he is SUUUPPEER CUTE everyone went crazy.
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
674
The thing i hate about tsf is...to remember that character was guy and imagine it arhhhhhhhh
 
Active member
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
287
That panel with the scumbag looking down at Goh was so damn raw, holy shit.
We shall see how things go. I wonder what measures will be taken within the house. Maybe tera will buy another one to become a pretty woman himself. Hell, maybe by the end of it they'll all become beautiful women and have an orgy. I don't know
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top