Kanzen Kaihi Healer no Kiseki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - My First Dungeon

Dex-chan lover
Did he not kill a single monster in there? Man. Most of the manga about my favorite RPG role are depressingly lame.

Double-page supporter
Well he does have 1 in all stats except healing and evasion, which is too weak to do any damage.

Aggregator gang
It's been said to death in the last chapter's thread, but it's pure bullshit that he has a 100% evasion chance from having 50 points in the skill. Most games cap it at like 60-80% or something for obvious reasons.

It's doubly bullshit that it's some sort of involuntary unconscious reaction rather than just being good at dodging shit. Not to mention that there's been no AoE effect like poison gas or blazing heat aura in his entire trip.

Makes you wonder if these authors have ever actually played a fantasy rpg before.

That's a B before the floor number, right? I first thought I missed about 80 floors...

"I'll just run with everything I've got if I get hit even once"
If he gets hit once; especially by that bear or boar, he'll probably die with only 1 point in defence and with Lv1 hp.

Double-page supporter
I bet he will encounter something that will finally cause his evasion trouble and that book will solve it all in one chapter

this really shows the gimmicky that is the concept of evasion in games.
it is not that people are nimble or fast, but only a chance of magically missing without no rhyme or reason.
in MC case, when taken to anything that should be considered a bit real it feels so weird and dumb.
and when considered for a gaming system perspective this sure is unbalanced.

it is not like i can take this serious, but i wonder how will he ever level up, if he ever will.
also think about how useless being a healer so far meant, not like he is being hit anyway and if he does get hit.. oh well... RIP.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus I have and at low levels there really isn't anything i would deem complicated in most games. On the first stint before the boss its usually pretty basic. You only get the annoying shit like poison mist or ground further in.

Passive dodge isn't that strange and not capping it makes perfect sense when its "not actually a game". This is a real world after all and as such does not care about game balance the same way we do when we create a game. You generally avoid 100% in games but in real life what is effectively 100% defense or evasion or crit chance exists just fine. Its actually ridiculous for defense/armour not to stop 100% of the damage from weak attacks after all. Damage is a funny number in video game terms. Dodging 100% of the time should be possible with a good enough character. I mean if you dodge an animal in real life you can avoid it "forever" if its just weaker than you.

Anyway not all games go with the soft/hard cap logic. This world clearly doesn't have caps. On the matter of auto dodge the skill would be pretty terrible if it didn't help him that way. His body is reflexively dodging and thats no different to how a common rpg game character works. In fact caps only make sense in games where the player doesn't actively dodge attacks. I mean in real like muscle memory and such takes care of most of that stuff during a fight. This just gave him a full course in avoidance while perhaps factoring in some "to hit" numbers from the slimes and such. They might just be unable to read movements from him or something. The bears did make him move quite a bit after all.

Anyway until he's trapped in a position that should be impossible to avoid attacks from and he still gets missed, this should be fine.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to laugh when they introduce the character who pumped everything into defense. One can't get hit, and the other can't get hurt.

Seems more like high enough evasion affects something intrinsic to that world's logic. Something like causality or perception, since the enemies despite attacking him from behind or against his awareness still miss even with multiple attempts. If it ran off chance then that just means that there's a super small chance for him to be hit by more enemies than being attacked by less. This whole thing smacks of the fallacy between actual 'evasion' and what missing means. Something that stood out a lot was how even with his legs shaking which should affect mobility he still avoided the horned bear's first few attack.

Users who are viewing this thread