Kao ni denai Kashiwada-san to Kao ni deru Ota-kun - Vol. 3 Ch. 30 - Kashiwada-san, Oota-kun, and Ice Cream

Dex-chan lover
"This food is a mere trifle... I bought it as a sign of mercy."

What a line.

@Tatherwood Friendly reminder that oota's behavior is comically extrapolated for the sake of an interesting story. Everybody got a hate boner for him but doesn't bat an eye when female mc nagatoro does similar shit. The commonly quoted "drop dead" line seems rude at first but all of his tsundere comments are negated when kashiwada sees through it. Even when she doesn't and he goes too far, he apologizes and does something to show his sincerity. And this is very few times as well. Also whats this gotta do about your sob story? Bullying obviously isn't acceptable but bringing it up for the sake of arguement in a mangadex comment section isn't necessary, nor does it have any relevance to the story. If it irks you so much then just drop the story and be done with it, because the vast majority of readers like oota and his shenanigans with his foil named kashiwada

Dex-chan lover
@DrDokutah
Friendly reminder that oota's behavior is comically extrapolated for the sake of an interesting story.
Fair point, but still.

Also, boy, did you choose the wrong person to bring up Nagatoro 😂
Here's my reply from just a few days ago when I was discussing romcoms with someone and they recommended Nagatoro:
And last, Nagatoro. No. I'm sorry, no. I don't know how anyone can call that a Romcom. (Chapter 1 "spoilers" ahead, I suppose, but Chapter 1 only, so hardly a spoiler).
That is NOT a "cute, teasing gyaru". It's a fucking sadist who verbally abuses the MC so fucking hard that in many civilized countries she would literally go to jail (for those wondering, psychological abuse is just as illegal as physical abuse). She was just half a step short from physically crushing his balls and sending him to the hospital.
IF they were already friends, and they were in an S&M relationship, hey, not my thing, but you do you. But not the case. She's just a fucking psycho.
I don't see the comedy. Or the romance. I saw people saying "she mellows out later on". Oh, so we forgive the abuser now? Nice.
Yeah, no. Dropped it one chapter.

I don't blame you. Double standards are a thing, and the internet is full of morons. But I can promise you I'm a true follower of Kazuma-sama, and a true advocate for gender equality. I don't hate Oota "cause he's a guy" and "if it was a girl it'd be cute". Abusive tsunderes are not cute either.

And last, my "sob story" was an argument. They said "he'd grow up", I can confidently say "not necessarily". And I'm speaking FROM EXPERIENCE, which gives me a valid standpoint.

I don't mind Oota being more or less a teasy jerk. But, as I said, everything has a limit. And no, he doesn't "always apologize". And like apologizing solves everything or something? "Drop dead, bitch"? Please...

@tatherwood it seems we agree more or less about the situation about nagatoro, it seemed much worse because paisen was actually taking offense to it unlike kashiwada so ill give you that. But once again there's a drastic difference, because kashiwada can see through oota's acts and he knows it, but nagatoro straight up bullies the shit out of paisen. Also typically about how he'll "grow up", I mean yes, bullies can change and I have seen it through experience as well. For an analogy, the actually abusive mc from a silent voice changed drastically in a story, so why couldn't oota change? If I had to guess, if he eventually confesses to kashiwada and she accepts, he would have no more reason to continually tease her because he accomplished his mission of making sure she was never lonely in the first place. Older oota would probably still tease, but lighter and still everytime thwarted by kashiwada. Looking back on it though you're kinda right about her birthday chapter, I don't think he ever apologized. But I mean a couple chapters later when he invited her to play video games and said he didnt see her as a girl, he definitely showed remorse because he apologized by *actually* saying sorry, rephrasing what he meant to say, and giving her a prized possession as a token of sincerity. Call it character development ig lmao

Anyways im really sorry for the block of text I dont plan to pester you any longer

Page 11 shows how Oota can try to be an asshole at times but when he realizes how Kashiwada is feeling, he becomes kind and considerate

Users who are viewing this thread