Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 84 - Rocks

lmao this guy panic-posting all his chapters in retaliation against the other sniper.

who wants to bet that this guy wouldn't have posted shit if that sniper didn't posted his?

edit: okay, i just compared the two and i honestly prefer the sniper's translation. obviously hes scans are way messier but i feel like hes translations makes doesnt make the characters seem so coerced or some shit.

i guess it does matter if we actually have competition and this guy is actually going to post without taking month-long gaps lol

Group Leader
@rheetard

I was planning on getting caught up by today from the beginning. It's only been a little over a week since I posted a chapter. It's not like I haven't posted for months or anything. I don't entirely blame the guy for sniping, even if his translations aren't that great, he did put effort into them. I did the same thing when I was first starting out, (it was an episode of Pokemon though).

I don't hate the guy at all, and I will admit that being sniped motivated me a bit more. Still, don't talk crap when you have no idea what's going on. It's just annoying.

@15avaughn At least it shows people really care about this series. It's an easy way to decide priorities, at the very least. Your time is your time, after all.

@rheetard In a lot of these "dramas" I've seen, the translation work on both sides crashes and burns, then no one ever picks up the series again for whatever reason. As such, I am personally wary when these sorts of things start.

Contributor
@Kanami-chan sniping is good for readers (arguably, since quality usually decreases) but is terrible for both scanlators (usually main scanlator since the other side most likely stock piled on chapters) as they have to sacrifice a lot of time and energy.

Dex-chan lover
sniping isn't so bad, as long as quality follows.... 🙄 maybe it's just because I'm lazy, but I would just think "great, less work and still get them" 😆

Can't y'all snipe something like Yumekui Merry? We are a year behind in translations. Almost two, actually.

Fed-Kun's army
Sniping is one of those things that are allowed but makes you sound like an douche. It's like taking a seat in public; if you saw someone sitting at a spot and they get up to grab something, are you just gonna sit down at the exact same spot and claim it's yours? Technically, the seat is public property therefore anyone can take it whenever they want, and the other party can't do much (or even care enough to do much). But it shows how rude of a person you are, just because you can't utter a few words to ask nicely for the seat.

Most scanlators who are busy will give you the projects if they deem themselves unable to scanlate it further and hurting the readers. Similar to a person who will give up the seat if they don't have a particular reason to be at that exact spot. It's not hard, just ask the original scanlators if they can continue, and if not, you will continue the work for them. From the chapter spam, obviously 15avaughn can handle it perfectly and does not have an issue with time.

Not even gonna get into the whole speedscan and quality vs. quantity argument.

Contributor
@Kanami-chan
I didn't say sniping was wrong, so what's your point?
guy, we had no plans on sniping toubun before 2 members of the previous team and a friend of one of the members who is already in our group asked us too.
I would probably call it a semi snipe, since 2 people from the previous team is working with us.

Dex-chan lover
"B-but Blackbeard, we were robbing this ship first. That's so rude and in poor form."

@15avaughn Are reuoloads gonna be available on MangaRock as well? Translations caught me off guard since I usually read the series from there.

Group Leader
@SamnJamn

That's up to MangaRock. Far as I know, unless you contact them, they probably won't do anything.
Even if you did, I'm not sure how responsive non-mangadex manga sites actually are.

MD@Home
lol its funny to see the hard-on these pro-snipes have that they come to the comments of the original scantalator to talk crap. Thank you for the hard work @15avaughn. I'll always read your releases, coherent and of great quality. There's at least one person here that appreciates the hard work and effort you put in.

Users who are viewing this thread