Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 85

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19
"blah, blah, sniping"
No such thing. Nobody owns manga except the publishers and the mangaka.
Assigning rights to specific scanlators is a violation of whatever little ethics scanlation teams do hold.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 Spoiler due to wall of text:
And a single group monopolizing a series can lead to said group dropping it or releasing one chapter ever solar eclipse too (not the case here, of course). I have seen that many times too, specially the later, which is usally fixed when a new group "snipes" a series and suddenly the original group remembers they TOTALLY had those chapters already translated and starts releasing chapters like crazy, like it happened with Kishoku Gakou no Juliet.

Groups can drop a series for no reason other than they got bored, that's one of the risks you accept when you read this stuff for free. I still prefer the option that allows for competition and variety instead of the one that gives a particular group some stupid claim over a series they are illegally translating.

And leaving aside the fact that some groups use shit like delayed releases to make you visit their website and get money from the ads, meaning that not everyone is doing it for free, the guys "sniping" are also doing it for free and because they want to, so why shouldn't they be allowed to do it? Why does it matter if there are other series that don't have a group translating them? The new group doesn't want to translate some random series, they want to translate the one they are "sniping", either because they like it, because they dislike the current translators, because they just happen to have scans and a translation at hand (like it's usually the case with /a/nonymous) or just because they felt like it. Why should we prevent them from posting their own translations or shit on them for doing it?

I'm not even going to bother with the "ungrateful readers" thing. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for translators and what they do for us (and I hope I have made it more than clear that this isn't an attack against 15avaughn or that I have anything against the group, I just took the chance to adress this issue) but that doesn't mean I'm going to allow some group to monopolize a series just so their feelies don't get hurt and they drop it. That's fucking stupid.

Why does this reader seems to have the right to demand a release as soon as possible anyway?
Who the f are they? some Scanlator doing it for fun, some for money. but do you have the right to complain about your beloved series not getting any update, or its only available on their website?
in this case 15avaughn doesn't really mind and see it as a kick. but why does it has to be that way? imagine someone doing it as a hobby for fun with limited time and suddenly some korean snipe it with low effort. do you think its Fun for the scanlator? oh wait I forgot. Readers dont care.

Users who are viewing this thread