Karakai Jouzu (?) no Nishikata-san - Ch. 5 - Walk

Yup, Chi is as dense as they get. Yet another middle school PE teacher in the making!

The series is doing an excellent job of reworking and exploring earlier vignettes. How about something new? Maybe a chance visit to the Nishikata home by Ooshiro, perhaps to drop off homework to a bedridden Chi? Maybe even a brief exchange (think 4D chess) between the two tease-masters? Afterwards, I want to see mommy Nishikata (maybe even daddy) smirking away while Chi blows her stack yet again.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chi-chan likes to run, and because of her, Ooshiro also started jogging/running daily.
At this rate, all of Nishikata family members down the line will all turn out to be an Athelete in the future...

Wait, she won't be a Nishikata anymore in the future :notlikethis:
Nishikata focuses on training his strength while Chi is focused on running/Speed/Agi build.

Group Leader
I had to actually look up the raw, but like I thought it's even better. He didn't say "because of you", he said "because I like you". Specifically, "Nishikata ga suki dakara", which can mean either "because I like you (Nishikata)", or "because you like X" with some unknown, implied subject. Yeah, he follows up with "You like running, so I have to try hard or I'd never win", but even then it's pretty obvious, and I love that he did indeed straight-up declare his love. Again, since he also did so with the peppers.

Takagi was very direct a lot of the time, but Ooshiro seems much quicker to simply say how he feels, and I love it. Even if it's not terribly hard for her to find alternate interpretations.

Fed-Kun's army
Chi is a genius character, rolling the cutest qualities of the original series leads into one character

Users who are viewing this thread