Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 135 - Moving Classrooms

All the people complaining about 'no progress' really just don't get what this manga is about.

But the game was to "whoever gets to the art room first" not "whoever gets to the next class". Unless its wrong translation.

@Ropoloid
It's the wrong translation. It is "whoever get to the next classroom wins", since using "going to art room first" doesn't make sense because Takagi-san win the game by reaching the next classroom first by going to A/V room.

Dex-chan lover
@Momouno

I was referring to Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san and Yancha Gal No Anjo-San. They're both in the same category as this manga and both seem to at least be going somewhere. Sure, no one has confessed to anyone yet (and probably won't for another 100 chapters) but there's definitely been change and growth in the characters/story progression.

However, Takagi and Nishikata have been doing the same song and dance every chapter since chapter 1. You can literally pick any chapter and the story will be "Takagi outsmarting Nishikata again" with the only variation being Takagi embarrassing herself here and there in the process, and we see her blush a bit.

Sure, it's funny.
Sure, it's adorable.
But anything will get a little old if you see it enough times. The other manga I mentioned are less episodic. (Compared to Takagi, I mean. They're still a bit episodic :p)

I've also heard good things about Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu. I dropped iy by chapter 10 because it bored me, but I'm going to give it another shot.

See the no progress complaint isnt just referring to romance. But like the series is so stagnant for so long then you compare it to the author's other series with the shogi girl and thats had several status quo changes and cast additions that shake things up even while the romance angle remains roughly the same.

And even past that, this compared to the future spin off this just feels more repetitive where as that has the benefit of Chi being added to the dynamic and the fact they are already an established couple even if they dont act like it most the time.

Why is it that some scans do this
gXqGn9V.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I prefer having the japanese sound effects in the background. It's a win win since you guys don't have to redraw.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think we'll see any real progress between the two until the last chapters. Their mutual crush is more of a mean to explain why Nishikata keeps hanging out with Takagi despite her constant teasing a d to make her appear less more of a jerkass rather than the focus of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread