Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

It's New year's Eve
EqftlTlUUAIbNDE

Translation: Thank you very much for this year as well. Have a great new year.

This month (January) Takagi-san will receive a magazine cover for Monthly Shonen Sunday.

Edit: One chapter only for this month. If you don't know yet, this is what happen when Yamamoto-sensei have to do 3 different manga serialization. So, expect more just one chapter only month for Takagi-san.

This month chapter title is "Truth or Lie".

Dex-chan lover
Well shit, just looked up and found out that i can't start where the anime ended, which is fine but now i've gotta re read moto and this one to ACTUALLY have the full story, welp alot of reading in store of January for me :)

Congratulations to "Teasing Master Takagi-san" to win 66th Shogakukan Manga Award in Shonen category alongside with "Chainsaw Man".
Link to results (in Japanese): https://comics.shogakukan.co.jp/news/28695

EsF_29AVgAEHRup

@Starbebe watch both seasons of the anime, then if you like the story, read the original manga (this one) from the start, then after you have fully caught up, read the (moto) takagi-san manga from the start.
some of the contents of the anime are original and some are slightly altered for the watching experience so reading the manga after the anime gives a fresh angle to the whole story overall.

I honestly enjoyed all 142 chapters that are currently out. I usually hate mangas like this with no evolution at all and that only show cutesy things, but in this case I thought it always managed to stay interesting and keep you reading. I can't deny the situations are always varied and the cuteness is really one point. However, in hindsight, I don't think it's that good and I think I'll drop it instead of getting back into the addictive loop. There's just no evolution at all, the little bit of it gets reverted back in the sequel and the protagonist honestly sucks.

I'd like to compare this manga to Love is War because that one has a similar structure about playing games. But what Love is War did great is that 1) it's not just one-sided with a flat male protagonist, both of them, the conflict feels more like one because you don't just default the winner and sometimes other characters are involved too 2) great characters (including side ones) with a lot of development 3) it moved on from its flat narrative and evolved like a story naturally should, didn't try to do the same thing for 140 chapters (and more if you count the sequel).

Volume 15 is out now. Here's the chapter order:
127) Ranking/Hi Score
128) Paper Plane
129) Scene
130) Marriage
131) Sowing Beans
132) Chorus
133) Reflexes
134) Lost Item
135) Kindness
The bonus manga is based on Ranking/Hi Score chapter.

And someone use the wrong chapter numbers again.

Edit: The three .5 chapter listed at there should be count as proper full length chapter. The three chapter that listed as .5 chapter is as follows:

1) 21 Games, which listed as 28.5 (Originally release at One Manga, the same platform where moto Takagi-san release a new chapter.)
2) Cat, which listed as 31.5 (Originally release at a magazine call Nekodanomi)
3) Promise, which listed as 59.5 (Originally release at Mini Gessan and it has no chapter name in the initial release)

This month chapter number should be 143 and 144.

Users who are viewing this thread