Karakuri Circus - Vol. 43 Ch. 422 - Deus Ex Machina - Act 89 - Question and Answer

Hem

Double-page supporter
I think the anime did a pretty good job at this last part from what I've seen so far.
The manga explains stuff a bit too much for the emotional moments, like having that fortune teller lady there to explain stuff that is obviously implied or directly state things that the characters themselves could say/show without spelling it out so "hamfistedly"(not saying she's ruining these scenes though).

I did enjoy the part where faceless is like "Why didn't you just steal her then?! (Like I did?!)"
And like the anime, Masuru reacted knowing that Faceless (and the audience) is aware of the result of faceless stealing Francine (and how much she suffered), he didn't have to directly spell it out to Faceless (the audience) to get the point across.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I think the anime did a pretty good job at this last part from what I've seen so far.
The manga explains stuff a bit too much for the emotional moments, like having that fortune teller lady there to explain stuff that is obviously implied or directly state things that the characters themselves could say/show without spelling it out so "hamfistedly"(not saying she's ruining these scenes though).

I did enjoy the part where faceless is like "Why didn't you just steal her then?! (Like I did?!)"
And like the anime, Masuru reacted knowing that Faceless (and the audience) is aware of the result of faceless stealing Francine (and how much she suffered), he didn't have to directly spell it out to Faceless (the audience) to get the point across.
Fujita does seem to have a habit of over-explaining things. I think that's part of his philosophy of always wanting to make the story "interesting to read and easy to understand." It doesn't particularly bother me but I understand it can be jarring.
The anime is kind of similar here though. It just omits the "put up with it" line and adds some dialogue to further justify Masaru's decision.

Dex-chan lover

you have to remember the difference in how both works worked, the manga is weekly so this is year 8th of the manga, so it's showing things from the past, chapters that were from 4 years before, unlike the anime that at most you are remembering from a couple of months before.

Dex-chan lover
you have to remember the difference in how both works worked, the manga is weekly so this is year 8th of the manga, so it's showing things from the past, chapters that were from 4 years before, unlike the anime that at most you are remembering from a couple of months before.
I also think its because this is a play we're watching. A tragedy and a comedy both require the actors to voice their every feeling for the audience so the emotion cannot be lost via misinterpretation.

Dex-chan lover
He is such a cuck.

I have no doubt Fujita made Bai Jin to be the cuckiest cuck to ever cuck on purpose, like saying "look at this cuck, point at him and laugh, laugh at the cuck".

Users who are viewing this thread