Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru - Vol. 48 Ch. 478 - The Time to Expose Your Strength

Dex-chan lover
"He can kick high all he wants, but he can't use low kicks because he's afraid of the 1-2 combo!"
lol what nonsense is this

Aggregator gang
This frequency of the past chapter releases remind me of the days of old, where there was a KSKM chapter everyday.

Group Leader
@Deathhappens what exactly is unclear to you? The boxer has developed a counter for low kicks, which consists of a one-two (i.e. jab-cross) and results in KO most of the time. That's why Minoru isn't using low kicks.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't make sense, because if Minoru is free to use his high kicks (which are generally more dangerous since, as noted in the chapter itself, they leave you unable to move and off-balance while you execute them), he should be just as able to use low kicks (which are in fact a much lower risk move, since you're targeting the opponent's leg rather than their head or body, and you also keep your center of gravity low while doing so).

Group Leader
Well, I don't want to spoil, so I'll just put it briefly: the key difference is range. For a low kick, you gotta get within an arm's reach of the boxer, and that's how he gets you. For more details, read on.

@Deathhappens

Hahaha, i got your points there, it's a good one actually.
But the main things here isn't the balance itself.

When Minoru kicks high, the boxer must use his left hand to block the kick, so it won't land to his head and knock him out.

But if Minoru kick his leg, his hands are free and he can throw that dangerous 1-2.

If he actually has 2 eye and can measure range really good+ some good experience, instead of blocking the high kick, he can just lean back like experienced Muay Thai fighter. It will left Minoru unbalanced and he can counter with his 1-2, because his hands are free (not blocking the kick).

Users who are viewing this thread