Karate Shoukoushi Monogatari - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - The Weakling Sinks

Dex-chan lover
OK Minoru needs at least one good punch in the mouth after all this shit talk.

Dex-chan lover
What... What the hell happened to Minoru? Did becoming a champion go to his head? He was never anything like that in the first series.

Aggregator gang
Sorrow can mess you up... At least Minami is still the same and that is good enough for me.

anyone else noticed he punched while closing one eye just like that guy from the prequel

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum
@AfroSparrow
I think edgelord is too extreme a description.

To be fair, minoru probably had much higher expectations of takeru after meo (whom minoru clearly acknowledges) praised Takeru (chapter 17)

This can be considered tough love to give takeru a serious wake-up call.

@pro68k
good catch

What I can infer about what happened with Minoru and Nana
Note - (I'm not 100% sure this is what happened, but looking at the raws and google translating some of the words. Heres my best understanding to what happened)
I've looked at the raws, and Minoru most likely got cucked, once again I can't read japanese so this may or may not have happened, if you want to interpret what happened yourself, you can go to senmanga's raws and at chapter 40 that's where it gets revealed

Damn, I wished Minoru appeared this badass in the first series. He pretty much had to claw and scrape for every victory. Now in this series, he comes off a little like Obi-wan against Anakin.

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling he's just acting but damn I love that Minoru is even capable of displaying this kind of attitude now.

Let's not forget that 3ish years have passed since he first became a national champ at the end of his series, and all the while the legendary Hamada Kaoru has stuck with him. He's actually Ibuki-tier as a fighter now, as evidenced by the bonus chapters at the end of volume 6 of this series (so, half a step below Samart, maybe?). I do think the "looking down on others" is merely acting, but the confidence itself is totally justified :)

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@codetaku
isn't he stronger than ibuki already? since he's the strongest fighter in japan (according to rika) https://mangadex.org/chapter/570296/8 or did ibuki move overseas like mutou?

i know some people are not happy with how minoru acted but im ok with it takeru went into the ring cocky thinking he was going to beat the Japanese champ easy but got humbled. Did minoru go overboard maybe a little, but in the end minoru went easy on him after an extreme workout

Double-page supporter
@Wonkie Regarding your spoiler
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHY MUST THERE BE NTR IN THIS MANGA!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread