Kare to Kanojo no Chiguhagu

Contributor
This is kinda like... Mediocre lovely complex. Like, it's cute, but it has the exact same premise and the events of the first chapter go the exact same way as the first few chapters of lovely complex. It barely did anything different. Then the second chapter is just them obsessing over their height difference, and it kinda wrapped up just like that - a lot of angst and worry over a pretty trivial thing followed by a couple pages of cuteness and that's it. And while the MC kind of annoyed me throughout the whole thing, (she decides to hate the main guy at first over basically nothing - again, it just feels like lovely complex but without the heart.) she was especially annoying in the third chapter.

I think it's impossible not to compare the two if you read and enjoyed lovely complex, so not worth a read in that case, but if you haven't, then give this a shot and see how you like it. I think it would've been pretty cute if it weren't in the shadow of a shoujo legend. (And if you haven't read lovely complex but liked this, I highly recommend you read lovely complex - it's like this, but better in every way except art style [and even the old-school art of lovely complex grows on you since the story is so good.])

Users who are viewing this thread