Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
@Darklight99
Fake statistics? GB Yuri Popular?
then
>Exactly, Het GB has far more appeal than Yuri GB, that's why people don't write it as much.
Kek, okay. You contradicted it yourself.

>GB Yuri is also disliked by a huge amount of Yuri fans because they don't like it when the girl in their Yuri series used to be a boy. This was even brought up against AT as a lot of Yuri fans were against it for that reason.
>when the girl in their Yuri series used to be a boy
>when the girl in their Het series used to be a boy
And doesn't that means GB Het is secretly Yaoi in disguise?
^ this and Your ranma x ryouga stuff explained with a simple sentence.

There's no reason to bring this topic up. That topic is simply trying to become a purist in a certain genre while I am certain we were talking about stereotypes and why the fact does say Straight manga is easier to write than the Homosexual setting.

Sigh @darklight99 you’ve completely missed the point I was trying to make ( I should have expected as much from you), no where did I say yuri gb is “rare” what I said is that there’s a lot more hetro then yuri and if you go through and look that’s just a fact (for manga at this point there may be more yuri then hetro when it comes to novels), if you insist on continuing this stupidity I can prove that fact after I wake up tomorrow, I’m “not remotely true” look at yourself you dumbass

and damn you are an arrogant ass “people write more hetro gb because it’s more interesting” this is an entirely subjective thing just because you prefer it does not make it more interesting just as me preferring yuri does not make it more interesting, the interest only applies to individual people

I don’t know where you’ve been looking but as far as I’ve seen the ranma fan art is at most an even spilt between featuring female pairings and ryoga (not that I look at much of it but still) you will be seeing more ryoga art because that’s what your looking for just as I see more art with the female characters because that’s what I look for, is there a limit to your stupidity?

@Xaelath So, I looked through the mangaupdates list you provided and the data is that majority of list (I feel around 80%) is inconclusive/yuri-bait/switched-back-in-the-end with true genderswap het and yuri being around equal but with the caveat that the majority of the true genderswap het and a few True genderswap yuri having had come out relatively recently. Though this is just for what's translated so maybe it's different for the untranslated stuff.

Hmm, I remember scouring batoto for genderswap and not finding really any het romance genderswap but now there seems to be quite a bit so that makes me happy :D
Now if only the LN, WLN and Fanfic area follows this trend...

Also, why are you including Heroic Complex? That's a crossdressing manga and even if the MMC changed gender, the FMC doesn't so it would count as yuri in that case.

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss Going on every single GB comment section about how GB Yuri never happens is calling it rare, especially throwing around random statistics. And Ranma x Ryoga is significantly more popular than ANY other ships, despite the fact that Ranma was objectively straight. Why do you keep making shit up. Hetero is more popular than yuri, "supposedly" because there are significantly more heterosexual people in the world compared to homosexual people, that's an actual statistic by the way and not made up.

@Xaelath I didn't contradict myself since I was explaining why Het GB works tend to be more popular, that doesn't mean going on every single GB yuri and proclaiming how it's so rare is justifiable.

Regarding whether or not it's Yaoi, I didn't say I consider GB yuri to be het romance in disguise, I said yuri fans were saying that. If people do find GB to be yaoi, that's ok with me because I like yaoi too.

So, to help stop this discussion, I went through Mangadex genderswap tag cause I can't sleep and here are the states:

Het GS: 28
FMC and MMC GS Het (Usually bodyswap with each other): 17
Yuri GS: 24
Non: 27
?/yuri-bait?: Way more then all of the above combined
Person switches back in the end/Too much switching with a female love interest/Bi: 10

Looking at the stats and my experience of it, I was right since a lot of the Het ones are relatively recent with a few yuri ones being relatively recent with both still being rare in the genderswap genre

Note that I didn't include FTM, Hentai/Smut(Which is majority Het anyway because focus is different), 'what if x was female all along' and Doujins (Which is basically just 'x is female all along' anyway)

Dex-chan lover
@MangaDoll
They only get more commmon during the recent years. (Notice the year they're in) This ofc include some untranslated modern GB. Not the old one.
I rarely seen GB in LN but WN is a common topic and about 50% is subtext/yuri/shoujo ai.
Fanfic or doujin wise uh... they're really common mainly the het romance. You'll find tons of them though I only see it on Sadpanda as it is hard to track fanfic.
Doujin GB hentai always end up with het rape or something lol. Well that's fine for hentai logic.

So with that "Being equal in mind", still means the Yuri GB is still as it seems a rare thing and only gaining few titles in recent years (mainly towards the story the end).
I am unsure if people ever read GB that much. But so far I found GB story lean towards straight with the major complaint I have is having the heroine as a 3rd wheel.
Inconclusive/Yuri bait at it seems/Switchback/Bodyswap may count towards het depends on your perspective and how the story leans to.

Why do I include Heroic Complex? The list wasn't solely about Yuri lol.
https://mangadex.org/title/47299/heroic-complex
It tagged both crossdress and genderswap, as I myself pretty confused and the story does left it to be that way (including the raw)
For Heroic complex example, it's obviously comedy that will end up straight and both staying as their same gender. It's they just able to transform whenever they like with unknown "gender" when they transform.

Dex-chan lover
@MangaDoll Thanks for the statistics. I frequently look through GB titles and tend to find Yuri GB very frequently only to see that the Het GB that do exist always have people complaining about it not being Yuri as if Yuri GB isn't popular in its own right. It's really only H-Manga which is predominantly Het GB

I feel like in 4chan although i never visit that web before.
Also what is het? too much text wall my eyes hurts.

Dex-chan lover
i absolutely lov this manga, shame the releases are incredibly slow.

@Hakin yeah me too, i have no idea wtf are they going on about, het(NYET in russian?), GB(great britain?), XYZ, FBI, KGB

This manga is making me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it's way too cute, I wish the updates could be quicker ^-^

Power Uploader
X3mVZBBl.png

>Thinking it's strange for a male to be able to know how makeup works
>Thinking one has to wear it simply because of being female

Dropped

@Neushaartje Okay, I'll bite. I thought that little interaction was cute! My reading was Kazuma, knowing how Haruka was as a child, was surprised that she'd even bother doing makeup. Also, although she acts like it's no big deal, Haruka clearly puts a lot of thought into her appearance. I'd go as far as saying she likes doing it, at least a little bit.

My thoughts on it were "She might not have wanted to bother with it at first, but eventually she grew to like putting it on/just kinda accepted doing it". And I'm not even saying your interpretation of the scene is wrong or anything, I just thought it was interesting how you reacted to it so differently than I did. I'd totally buy it just being a "Well she's a girl now, so she's got to put on makeup" situation. But considering how intentional Haruka's characterization and dialogue has been up until this point, I was willing (and still am) to give Ohara sensei the benefit of the doubt. Still, I am a male with no idea how makeup works, so maybe it's just easier for me to accept what Kazuma said as being "normal".

Users who are viewing this thread