Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku

Dex-chan lover
If people don't want to read a GB romance, then just don't do it, why do you all have to whine about it? Seriously. I love this genre and I'd rather not see people who are against this entire genre complain about it all the time.

@dane17eduard i dont think so, that manga is 100% shojo and thinks too much about gender diff and pains
Meanwhile this one is a seinen and seems pretty chill with it

(Dunno tho lets see what happen next)

Dex-chan lover
@Kzh01'
So far as I concern there are very few of them.
Most of GB manga that contains Romance especially with comedy will end up pretty much the exact same route where
> The Genderbended person fell love into the male dude which either a classmate/childhood friend

Something like
Code:
Onii-chan is Done For!
Youjo Senki
Danshi Koukousei ga Mahou Shoujo ni Naru Hanashi
or Any GB where the GB person has actual female love interest is RARE because it'll somehow make people thinking it was a Yuri manga

Some selection are something like
Code:
> Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja
> Yakuza Reincarnation
> Dolkara
> Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo

where genre like romcom shenanigans thankfully doesn't take that part of the story.

Let me say this to you
The story made like this where it seems illogical and out of nowhere suddenly the MC (he) became interested in sex change or changing their sexualities after they got genderbend because it attracts more people in general and some authors aren't that great on making on unique or interesting idea.

The problem making some of the good one I know were :
Youjo Senki/Kenjano Deshi/Shut Hell - Can be hit and miss, requires a good writing experience, big world, politics, diplomacy. Yet no romcom either.
Onii-chan is Done For!/Danshi Koukousei ga Mahou Shoujo ni Naru Hanashi - Is a literal gag, or a slice of life. It has to be funny, amusing, or no dramas. Can get less attention because of the SoL. No romcom either.
Yakuza Reincarnation/Dolkara - Require some knowledge in a martial art or some context in order to work or least "Logical" without the Romcom tag.

My suggestion for this kind of manga is to leave it then read it when it ends.

Dex-chan lover
@Kzh01
Well, you got the idea and I have been reading GB stuff for almost a decade.
The one I can remember and is actually Good can be counted with fingers.

That will explain you how mediocre the tag is. (Is subjective but you got the idea)

Hence I just move to Yuri 2 year ago. Better this way.
Also instead of questionably gay, might as well go FULL GAY like Prunus girls. Rated that thing 10/10 lmao.

I've been reading GB genres for a while
This one is pretty gud for average ppl and everyone since the art is pretty nice and superb even through we didnt know exactly how the story gonna become

Actually
I already read this author first one shot and its nice even the ending is pretty much yuri (actually im confused, but the story itself still about male turning into female).

For the story
Its still first chapter, in the first glance it seems its gonna go for usual GB trope (the one that male turn into female and get in love with its male childhood/friend) but im not sure because its still the first chapter (even its usually common for gb with romance gonna get along with that usual trope). Gud thing that the author didnt put any real rl stuff about gender and simply said it was magic/disease and that make it gud for general entertainment (what i wanna say is even ppl in general can enjoy the manga even through its a that kind of stuff).
Some comment says maybe dis manga gonna contain some gender or political stuff in it (but still, the manga itself is pretty chill and there isnt any conflict yet).

And again
Reconsider this as an entertainment. move aside y'all ideologies and stuff into this and dont think it has connection to y'all average real life problems and politics. Just enjoy it like average people would do.

And for conclusion
the manga is gud because the art really are superb. For the story i only seen it as an opening/abstract of the story itself and nothing much to tell.

And actually again i like the manga only because the artstyle lmao

But still
My sugestion is as the same as the person below said :

"Leave it and read it when its ends"

Yo @Xaelath, I think you have some experience in this Theme.
Can you recommend me Some Manga that same like this or like Onii-Chan is Done For.
if you can, please send me some recommendations.

Dex-chan lover
@Roaster
Sorry I got none,
Having a slice of life comedy without a hint for romance or "het" (which would work if it only body swap) is already rare.
One of the closest thing I can get is Danshi Koukousei ga Mahou Shoujo.
That's because it seems the story only revolve with the gang(where the all actually guys) being a comedy without a romance.

If it's Body swap gender bender there's alot of good one because, the story would mostly focus on the Romcom and fluff between the two main cast cast. (Can be drama as well)
Meanwhile most of the trope gender bender story is where the gender bended dude trying question his sexuality because his Best friend, Childhood friend or Rivals whatever with Romcom shenanigans.

Oniichan Oshimai is rather peculiar because not much gender bender manga would take the story as cute girl doing cute stuff or CGDCT (which is popular in Japan, and it also make it indirectly subtext Yuri).

The problem I learned from this genre is when having a romance in story, there's always that one girl where there's a very low odds she could win.
Her case is similar to that one girl as childhood friend in harem manga.
They just there to suffer where MC literally goes to the other guy because muh sexuality suddenly change after my sex changed (Just like 98% hentai plot if you read tons of it).

Its not like I am asking a Yuri ending, but if I wanted to see a straight romance I would be just go straight to a good one instead questioning protagonist sexuality as the running joke for the whole series (it's painful to see it reused multiple times).
If I want gay shit, I would just run to Yuri or at least Shounen AI. Look at Prunus girl, that was some masterpiece shit and I am a straight guy.

If you want to look at stat you can check here https://myanimelist.net/manga/genre/44/Gender_Bender
Fact already said that most of genderswap (due mention most of the top one isn't Genderswap but is a cross dressing) barely get a good score even if you call it a subjective score.

So tl;dr
Genderswap would work if
- Body swap for straight romance, this work 100% of the time because of the drama it can pull even the comedy. This was really common back then before the Romcom and questionably gay trope attacked the Genre.
- No romance plot but slice of life and comedy. Just make it whack, dumb and chaotic.
- Yuri, but Yuri always revolve around Drama. Drama is rather rough to make and making it amusing for reader is even harder. This thing is even rare and can turn most of the reader when done wrong.
- Straight romance with the dude turned into a girl following a romance with another guy. Simply there is no other girl involved because it's fucking painful to see the girl ignored in the relationship especially MC or the girl once have feelings. They just cannot win.
- Romance Comedy/Romcom aren't used 24/7. Honestly this might be subjective but I never really liked this train wreck of a genre. In gender bender they're used to make the plot progress which even pains me to see the MC slowly question his sexuality as a girl and the other guy who see him as a girl as the comedy. Make as we stare as a wall for my case.

After believing that Gender bender was a mistake, I ran into Yuri (there's lot of game to pick as well and I am playing one right now) and include some trap stuff for the LULs #nohomo.
There's honestly aren't much Genderswap games (VN) or Anime...
Kampfer was the last thing I could remember and it was actually nice but Manga suck, Anime doesn't conclude a shit, leaving you to LN as option.

That's my honest opinion on Genderswap genre

As for other recommendations.
Tensei Pandemic is the closest thing I could imagine as my perfect gender bender drama but it waste too much of its side plot with that hentai protagonist hair and lucky sukebe trope. (The ending changed my mind)

Also if you ever read Ranma 1/2, that was the earlier best Genderswap thing you could get as a "Shounen" target.
He has a someone who liked him as a girl,
He has some girls he interested with,
Romcom in an action genre.
Interestingly despite being close to harem it doesn't went into a Trainwreck mode.

@Xaelath

Yeah, I agree with you.
It's so hard to find a good one right now.
And i don't know what prunus girl is but when I go to comment there always that one person talk about it, maybe I will check that but I think I will not read it.
And yeah I try to read Yuri Manga These day and yeah I like it but if there are no Drama in it, if there is a drama I can't read it ( my heart to weak).
And yeah Tensei Pandemic, I already read it (only 3 chapters tho) because it's too Ecchi for me.
I never played any VN and I'm not that interested in VN.
And Ranma ½ I know that series.
I read the manga, and watch the anime, it's so good i really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread