Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku

Group Leader
I must admit... why do most 'Gender Swap' stories leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a sense of sadness and despondency? Yet some have no real 'Bad Ending' and yet... it leaves you with something missing, a sense of loss.

Group Leader
Damn never thought this would be completed when i read it 3 years ago

Fed-Kun's army
Well I know a lot of people dislike that this manga is going the magical rout, but lets just say since a lot of the world still hates Trans People, and frankly it's clear the author is using magic as a metaphor for Transgender. In fact a lot of Manga like this is doing just that, using magic to smooth out the concept of Transgender Women and Girls. Even Ranma 1/2 could be a story about a Transgender Boy having to fight to be respected as a man.

So as a Trans Woman, I love these kinds of stories, and deep in my heart I wish that the magic was real. Ie remember the Anime Happiness, they had a trans girl character Jun, and her best day episode where she was magically transitioned 100% female. Yah, that euphoria is something most Trans folks want. Sadly Magic isn't real, so we suffer with bodies we hate, and except risky medicines and expensive surgeries if we can afford them.

So yah, give me the GB virus, send me the magic spell, hit me with the GB curse. I'm willing, sadly not going to happen.

Also she is still a trans woman, note she was dressed as a girl in school, and she seems totally fine being a girl.
It is not hate, is more like "uninterest". For example, in dragon ball we don't seek "realistic fights", nor "realistic injuries" that could weaken them for the rest of their lives. Yeah, there are some of those, but the genre changes completely. So we like interesting situation, not "realistic" ones. Although is nice if the "reactions" or personalities are "believable" at some degree

Dex-chan lover
Don't know why mangaka have to throw in these bloody and boring love triangles. Like you can't just tell a nice story without a bittersweet taste. This would have been much better without this vanilla plot since the characters are endearing and the art nice enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread