Kareshi ga Iru no ni

Dex-chan lover
Title: smells like NTR
Description : NTR
Comment: (mostly) people who hate NTR but still read this anyway

Btw, this series read count is somehow higher than some Chinese comic that i sometimes read depsite all the hate

Also, thanks for the translation really appreciate the works in it

Haaaa.... This kind of situations happen all the time in real life, sadly that is the truth. Losing faith, ...in humanity.

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't this hentai not a manga? I thought there were baseline for H content on a manga but this is a full blown hentai.

@LakeFreeter1
...Sorry that it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Also, don't be depressed and try to think the bright side of things.

Group Leader
@fazzaki you're welcome...and I like the point you make. People know this thing is NTR. They go in eyes wide open and then complain because it's NTR.

It's like reading a comedy manga and then complaining because it's too funny.

I dunno, but if any chapters involve rape, the current translator (Laughing Dragon Scans) will not translate/upload them.

Literally the first chapter is considered rape as someone that is drunk isn't able to give consent, as determined by the US courts.

Dex-chan lover
@Talon13184
Yo man, don't you think this is a bit too far? If you disagree with the vocal minority of users, then that's fine, as that's up to you. If you had chosen to cease uploading scanlations here in the future, that would also be fine, as it would be your decision to make (although I'm sure some users would regret not seeing future updates).

But users that had nothing to do with this situation are now unable to read the chapters that you yourself put time and effort into. Isn't that unfair to both them and yourself?

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan I originally uploaded my stuff to MangaDex, but plenty of other sites came along and downloaded my scans and then re-uploaded them to their own domains. I can only remove my scans from this site though. They're all still available at those other sites who copied them from here. A quick Google search should find you many other sites you can still read it.

In that regard, since it is still available to be read, I don't think I'm being unfair to anyone. Feel free to read my scans on other sites. I just won't support them on MangaDex anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Talon13184
It's unfortunate that aggregators do that, yeah. But wouldn't it make the most sense to continue supporting MangaDex by uploading here, since this is really the only site that respects scanlators enough to give them that choice?

I think that there's a separation between criticizing the manga being translated and criticizing the actual translator. Some users impulsively post their contempt for a manga/a manga's genre without clarifying that they are only criticizing the manga and not its translator. And it seems that the line between the two criticizations isn't very clear in this thread.

I understand that putting time into something and then presenting it, only for it to be met with negative reactions, deters people from translating (or doing most things) in the first place. But there have been users here who have stated their appreciation and clarified that the reactions weren't towards you, but with the manga.

Regardless, it's up to you how you want to proceed. Best of luck.

@Talon13184 For what its worth, I am actually interested in this manga and would like you to continue it, if you can. NTR is such a touchy subject for people that many have reflexively visceral reactions to it. But its not directed at you and I think you should continue. If not, maybe find another scanlator to pick up the series?

Users who are viewing this thread