Kawaii Hito - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

This is the cutest thing. I like the story line soo much! 😍 Then when he cried over the bouquet I was done. 😊 He is such a sweet heart. Why do people have to be in a situation before they notice others with physical differences as wonderful people?

Contributor
Every time I re-read this I'm struck by how off-tune his nearly-nonsensical "help" that begins their relationship seems to be ("how about you think of going on stage as just a service to the people watching, surely that will fix your stage-fright!")—if I were in her situation then I'd just have thought, "wow, what a jerk, doesn't care whether I'm afraid, no, it's all about whether other people are happy". Maybe I'm missing out on something here because I don't have Japanese communal values beat into me, but really I don't think the perspective is that different.

Mind, like, everything else is so darned cute it's hard to complain about the whys and wherefores too much.

@Pokari I suppose it’s how you look at it. It’s essentially what models are doing, using their appearance to make the people that view them happy or feel better, like a beautiful flower. It’s similar to telling a joke, doing something nice for someone, playing a song for people to listen to, etc.
Personally as someone who used to be very shy and self conscious, the cause of those feelings was receiving attention (or the potential to) and not knowing what it was for. Were they judging me, did I do something stupid or embarrassing, or did they have any number of negative perceptions of me? If I was compared to a flower who’s presence brought comfort and happiness instead of an embarrassing person who people were judging, it probably would have made me way less anxious. That’s just me though, and the way he phrased it was a bit odd.

His first line is cringe (way too needlessly poetic), but I can see how it can be motivating. Sometimes it helps to be given a "purpose" that's in benefit to others, cause it shifts the spotlight from you to the production. Rather than think of yourself, you can focus on the teamwork involved in getting a product out.

Regardless, my girl saved it with the smooth bouquet delivery. 👏👏👏

Dex-chan lover
"I didnt expect you to hit him back."
But that was a bang up hook though.

Aggregator gang
First I read natsume to natsume, then I read angel densetsu, then I read this? Feel like I have to read some super edgy anime or I’ll have a heart attack

Users who are viewing this thread