Kawaii Joushi wo Komarasetai - Vol. 4 Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Maybe socially, but there was no actual force. He had every right and opportunity to decline; he was merely goaded into joining by childish taunts.

In no way is it justifiable.

Dex-chan lover
@Jmann - AND I HATE THIS FUCKING CLICHE.
Sorry dude thats just how japanese are. It's a cliche because it actually happens here.

@Kaarme
It's like the gap here.

Jesus christ, don't read Seinen with a drama tag unless you're ready for conflicts that pop up in relationships no matter how amazing or 'fluffy' the couple may seem at the beginning. It's like the people who comment just saying "dropped/fuck this im out" have never been in a real relationship and don't understand the hurdles and tribulations that any normal couple is going to go through. Whether it be an ex, issues with the families, old friends, whatever. Go back to shounen/shoujo romance where you can read your happy-go-lucky romance where real life issues don't exist.

/rant

Group Leader
@friedtofu
You don't seem to understand why people are complaining. They're not complaining about the drama itself, they're complaining about how forced it is. Until now, it was thought that Aoki was the smart one. Or should I say, the experienced one. But this mixer arc is very forced. It's forced drama. This isn't a "real life" problem. It's not
hurdles and tribulations that any normal couple is going to go through
Drama exists in "real-life" relationships, but not this kind of forced drama, because only in manga people are this dumb.

Now, "Oh, but this is manga, it's fiction." Well, now that depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for realism, definetly this isn't the manga for you.
If you're looking for well done fiction... I guess this isn't the manga for you either :p I thought it was, at first, but the guy fooled me well. It was okay-silly until now. Now it's full on dumb.

Double-page supporter
If you're looking for well done fiction... I guess this isn't the manga for you either :p I thought it was, at first, but the guy fooled me well. It was okay-silly until now. Now it's full on dumb.
@cranon this mangaka seems to lack a skill for running long serializations. His works always started strong but then turn down hill after two or three volumes. Now I understand why it was dropped by the previous group. The two main characters have become dumb to the point that it's hard to continue reading.

@cranon To each their own, in a manga I don't expect for completely realistic relationship scenarios; hell the entire plot of this story is centered around a VP of a company dating a new hire she met on the job. The reason I don't feel that a lot of the drama is 'forced' as you say is mostly because of them being in a taboo workplace relationship, which even in the US can force one of the people in the relationship to find a new job so there isn't any sort of favoritism or issues if that couple breaks up later down the road.

I like this series because I feel like it does show a pretty accurate(for manga) representation of a couple having to juggle these aforementioned issues while still having enough fluff and romance that it doesn't feel like some sort of soap opera. It's usually the vocal minority who feels the need to declare they're dropping a series because of benign(imo) stuff like this I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions as someone who's enjoyed the series since the start and don't see any issue with this past chapter, especially since it seems like another development that'll be squashed in a chapter or two.

I really like stories likes this were the couple tries to make their relationship work even with all the obstacles. Now i'm curious to see how this new girl will affect their relationship.
Got a feeling Kasumi might be the Ex-GF that cheated on him in the past. Excited to see what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread