Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? - Vol. 6 Ch. 36.5

Dex-chan lover
WHAT? The end? Ffs this “light novel to manga” is getting more and more ridicolous

Dex-chan lover
Lolicon literally translates to pedophile right?
Like if you get brought up to court, it's the word the judge would use in japanese to describe you if you were a pedophile.

Why is that word not getting translated, but kept in Japanese? Honest question.

Ah yes, another "Author won't bother to draw anymore now f*ck off and read the LN" series

Double-page supporter
And there I was, hoping the manga would adapt the whole thing. I don't enjoy reading novels so it seems like this is a dead end for me.

Group Leader
@TitanAnteus Yes, "lolicon" means pedophile, but it isn't the formal/legal term for it, just a colloquialism (comes from the English "lolita complex"), so many translations keep said colloquialism since it's already ingrained in otaku culture. There's also the fact that the meaning in manga/anime has generally changed to mean attraction to fictional children. Plus generally speaking it doesn't carry such a heavy weight like "pedophile" does, even in Japanese (although it is absolutely a negative be labeled that irl) and in manga/anime the word is generally not used in a strong accusatory sense, just as a joke label (whether you agree with this being okay or not), so using a word that's perceived to be "softer" is often preferred.
In court and other formal scenarios you'd probably use the term 小児性愛者 (Shouniseiaisha) or just the English "pedophile", not lolicon.

MD@Home
Meh. Honestly, I see no reason to check out the light novels after this.
The mystery was solved, but nothing changed. MC is still a hypocrite who doesn't admit he's also something of a pervert himself. The author can drag these ecchi situations out as long as possible, but without any substance, the story will become boring real fast. Heck, it kinda already did.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it's a good place to end the manga now that the "mystery" has been solved. I don't know how else the story will proceed anyway... unless they're all about perverted girls with various fetishes.

Dex-chan lover
What a bummer I liked the great art and whole back and forth comedy. Sigh. What a bummer

@Powerless It was literally anounced that the manga adaptation has been axed and that the only continuing version of the story would be the light novels, read up before asking a dumb question

Dex-chan lover
@Titanfan548 I think you're the dumb one here. Manga is literally same as anime, they both cover the first few arcs til whatever it is that happened in both the anime and manga. It isn't axed but planned ending.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone do LN summaries? Kinda hate reading LN but i would like to hear what happens in each tome.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the amount of illiterates here. Complaining about the story only continuing in LN, first time?
If you really like the story, you'll find a way to read it, I've been finishing /continuing Bakatest, C3, Kumabear etc like this.
Also it's not like there is no translation for them. Alot of time adaptations only cover the very early arcs, like Konosuba only covers about first 4-5 volumes when the later volumes are absolute bonkers but nobody talk about them because they don't read.

Idiots, you all who are complaining.

Anyway, thanks for the translations, good work everyone. Counting this manga this is the third time I'm going through this arc, but your translation of the lines made it very fresh and leagues better than other versions. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread