Keijo!!!!!!!!

@TrueGoddessReincarnation
it not entirely because the failure from the anime adaptation
shogakukan already want to axed this manga before the anime starts airing

you can read at Anime News Network "keijo manga creator explains cancellation"
maybe just a trend change at manga market there

This was by far the most entertaining sports manga I had the pleasure to read. No heavy drama and by going full stupid it prevented the breaking of the suspension of disbelief that comes with over the top stuff like hurricane shots that are literally hurricanes or balls in fire.
It had a good run. I only wish it had lasted a little longer.

Me

Dex-chan lover
@ph_ntom It wasn't a change in marketing, it was a change in budget. As I recall, they shut down several long-running series with relatively well-paid creators to make room for a bunch of cheap rookies. Keijo! is just the one we care about, because it is an awe-inspiring saga of friendship, idiocy, sports manga cliches, and DAT ASS.

Dex-chan lover
@isekaijin
This story lost me when
That one girl started using her tits as a whip.
sometimes even manga can be too silly.

@sedition
Yes, but there's a difference between admitting that the premise is stupid from day one and building from there and...say, making a somewhat believable cooking manga, then introducing power levels, nen, chainsaws and whatnot out of freaking nowhere.
I can handle Keijo because it never tried to pretend any of the things they did were plausible in the first place. It was less Captain Tsubasa and more Fate/Stay Night. Before the former also started going full stupid, I mean.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, as funny as I find this, it still speaks to me as the same joke reiterated in a slightly different fashion over and over. The axe wouldn't be entirely unwarranted from that perspective if the popularity shifts for any reason.

I just happen not to grow tired of it, as it is with many stories that go on for a long time.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe not quite true. The fact they fighting using butt and breast made it funny when you think about it. But the whole thing is not a joke. Its grow in the direction of a properly shounen-ish action.
The thrilling, the hype, the action,... were there. It is a legit action manga with quite creative moves, high competitive spirit

This deserves such a higher rating, nothing has made me laugh so consistently as this manga, I think I snorted at least once per chapter, if not reduced to helpless giggling.

Double-page supporter
The amount of ecchi in this manga is through the top floor yet it is not the nonsensical stuff in other ecchi manga. It is serious in its own manner.

IMO it's One of the greatest manga i've ever ready.
It deserve more 'cause it's a Little underrated

Dex-chan lover
I came late to me party and only read one chapter but I have a question about the sport: shouldn't be the biggest players be better at this? Pretty much like sumo, if you are several sizes your opponent then can't really push you even using the platform.

Double-page supporter
Hey hey hey I can’t believe I survived reading this but AHH I FINISHED IT 7/7/2023 😭😭 this manga is so unserious goddamn but it’s not so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread