Keikenchi Chochiku de Nonbiri Shoushin Ryokou ~Yuusha to Koibito ni Tsuihou sareta Senshi no Mujikaku zama~ - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Somehow the author can't make up their mind, whether to portray the elf girls as competent or useless.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be surprised if she's some kind of princess from a fallen kingdom. It's a common thing in manga like this.
I was thinking either a princess or like a saintess that might have been in training to be in a hero’s party and assist the hero before she was taken as a slave.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many gator shoes Toru can turn that gator in to?
Except in white. (Romancing the Stone)

iu

Dex-chan lover
Somehow the author can't make up their mind, whether to portray the elf girls as competent or useless.
It depends on whatever suits the scene. But competence has always been swinging hard in this manga.

I was thinking either a princess or like a saintess that might have been in training to be in a hero’s party and assist the hero before she was taken as a slave.
I was thinking she's one of the tails of Tamamo-no-mae or some nine-tailed fox like her.

So is it an alligator or a crocodile?

Elf mentioned it was a crocodile, but MC keeps calling it an alligator.

Dex-chan lover

It is based on a crocodile. Alligator snouts are round and the lower teeth don't stick out. Crocodile snouts are pointed and the lower teeth stick out. Alligators also only live in the SE United States while crocodiles range pretty much world wide, limited by cold.

Alligator-vs-Crocodile-Physical-Appearance-1320x814.jpg

Dex-chan lover

Wonder if that's a translation issue. Do Japanese use different words for different types of crocs?

Users who are viewing this thread