Keizoku wa Maryoku Nari - Ch. 9

Granpa died. Sad.

They could've stopped at floor 49 to play it safe. just why.. why they proceed the boss's room.

"I'm your grandfather happy to be" obviously he meant "I'm happy to be your grandfather." T

he typeset messed up lol

Dex-chan lover
NGL, a small part of me will always think that the grandpa will come back somehow.
because this is japanese manga

Aggregator gang
From loli fanservice to dying grandpas...
I don't know if it's a really clever writing (to lull us into a false sense of security and then create a bigger shock) or really poor writing (it was really abrupt). When you consider that the change of mood already happened earlier (assassination attempt on princess) and it was foreshadowed that something bad it's going to happen (goblin's corpse attack, grandpa hearing voices, comments from MC's bro (?) that dungeon is "different" after level 40), I'd say this was properly executed plot twist.
It just feels weird because it's suddenly heavy and MC is "only" 7 years old. But when you think about it - kids around that age were either working or began training in the middle ages... Then you have fanservice and at this point I really don't know if it was really intended by the author or he was asked by his editor to put in some loli panties. We always blame authors for fanservice that feels out of place but I wonder how often it's author's fault and how often they forcedpolitely asked to add more fanservice.

It feels like a completely different story compared to CH 1 - 4. I hope the author finds a good mood to continue this manga with. Going back to the threesome romance plot after this is going to be jarring.

Also are there multiple gods reincarnating people? The MC's god only said to have a good life, so it would be a different one to the god that the grandpa and the shadow person met, no?

Dex-chan lover
there-can-be-only-juan

Dex-chan lover
Those damn "weark points" catch villains off guard everytime.

The timing when the kid got so happy about his monocle and his grandfather's death is goddamn comedic

Users who are viewing this thread