Kekkaishi

Double-page supporter
I recommend this series to everyone that takes a liking on shonen with complex plot. This alongside with Ful metal Alchemist gave me hours of entertainment. Those two where made by female mangakas, BTW.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone do me a favor and upload the missing chapters? Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
come to this just for little tease at the end ! Well, at least the boy already planing to build the house

I'm just gonna say it: this might be the most underrated series I've ever read. Not one of the best, mind you, but it is still really really good, yet nobody has heard of it.

Dex-chan lover
Such an unknown gem, I wish more people remembered this manga.

Dex-chan lover
So, the missing chapters (307 and 308 I think it was?). I just poked around but the ones I found everywhere were by Mangastream. Those guys don't let their stuff get uploaded on here iirc, and they don't keep all the chapters they did on their own site forever either if it's officially licensed. I don't even see a page for Kekkaishi on their site now. You're gonna have to slum it for those two chapters unless someone decides to redo them from scratch or something changes down the line between that group and this site.

Obviously you can buy the official volume they're in too, this series has long been on my to do list in that regard generally anyway. It's just, 35 volumes is a lot to get all at once y'know? Gonna have to start getting it one or two at a time sooner or later. Already kind of doing that with other stuff though. SoonTM

Ahhh, soooo much childhood feels in this one! I watched the anime as a kid and I have since forever become a fan. It's so good returning to this after many years. It sucks this series greatly underrated.

This is seriously my favourite manga, I just finished rereading it today, many years after having discovered it for the first time, and I just love it even more realising all the small details that the author thought about. This is just an exceptional manga, honestly I'm even surprised it's classified as a shonen because I find this kind of work to be much more mature than most seinen, and it has a lot of themes that don't really fit in shonens (did you count how many people kill and get killed for a shonen? Or the number of actual sociopaths…).

I liked this manga until the author decided to end it; the ending was terrible for me. It's been a long time since I read this, but from memory... the MC's brother is part of demon hunting organization, but ultimately, that side plot has absolutely nothing to do with our two MC. That'd be like Sasuke defeating Akatsuki on his own and Naruto just does his own thing. Even if it's a subplot, our MC should be involved somehow...

Next is our male MC, he fails to accomplish anything he said he would. He said he would rescue the little boy and while not verbalized, he did want to be with the female MC. Both objectives are not met although the latter could be part of the future we do not see, but that's stupid. Again, that's like Naruto failing to be hokage and the author leaving Sakura's love ambiguous in the end. (Sorry for the Naruto comparisons, but I think most would understand without me spoiling too much here)

Lastly, my favorite character was the mother, but the story kind of screwed her in the end. I would have liked to see more of her and her story properly ended with the MC's failed mission.

Double-page supporter
i only made it 6 chapters in but good god man.. its so incredibly boring and generic
instadrop from me captain

Fed-Kun's army
Holyshit. That was a really fun ride. Finally i can see the end of my childhood anime, 10/10.

A supernatural shonen that looks generic at first and starts off slow. The manga really picks up when the complex Urakai politics mind game stuff and the MC's brother takes the centre stage. The MC's mother is also a big highlight point of the manga. The world built is also always super interesting to delve into.

I find the MC to be one of the weakest point of the series however. He's hardly involved in the more interesting parts of the plot. His main driving contribution of the moving the plot is by being an annoying idiot that screws over everyone else. The MC even doesn't achieve some of his goals in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread