Kekkaishi

Double-page supporter
Started really slow, got better as the story goes. I like the way the mangaka build the world, not fast not slow, just at the right pace. But still, didnt like the ending. What a ride though

I just read the manga for the first time and I have to say, what an incredible ride, the manga starts very slow and very generic but gets very interesting when Urakai's arc begins, but there are some problems.

Firstly, the ending is extremely short and abrupt, which doesn't match the whole plot and previous tension, it seems that the problems weren't as big as they seemed while they were there unfolding

And the second point is that the MC has "almost" no impact on the end of the manga, it seems that everything was done by others, completely taking the spotlight away from the character who would theoretically be the most important character in the manga In addition to the "romance" being almost nil at the beginning, it starts to develop well until it reaches the final parts of the manga where it simply stops completely, which is very sad and would have made this work loves true master piece.

But other than that, the manga is excellent, it gave me hours and hours of entertainment, which in the end is what really matters!

So If you're even remotely interested, go ahead and enjoy this incredible work!

Last edited:
I read this when I was a teenager but never finished it. Now I am in the thirties, finally...

Just as many members commented, the series is good around its middle then towards the end, everything is rushed. Every storyline of many characters is explained and introduced out of nowhere and the author failed to bring a satisfactory conclusion to every single one of them. Also, many unanswered questions: why the families' feud, Tokine romantically likes the MC or not, what was the conversation between Shichirou and MC's mother?, why does this wind guy get literally 1/3 of the epilogue pages while others none, the Karasumori problem is a non-problem at all, all the solutions/plots are laid out conveniently but the author had to throw in a twist in the end, why end the series on a low note like that??

Really good series but 13 years have passed. It is too late to raise these questions now. I wonder how big/what happened to this series at the time? I'll dig around other forum discussions to try to find some answers.

Double-page supporter
I read this when I was a teenager but never finished it. Now I am in the thirties, finally...

Just as many members commented, the series is good around its middle then towards the end, everything is rushed. Every storyline of many characters is explained and introduced out of nowhere and the author failed to bring a satisfactory conclusion to every single one of them. Also, many unanswered questions: why the families' feud, Tokine romantically likes the MC or not, what was the conversation between Shichirou and MC's mother?, why does this wind guy get literally 1/3 of the epilogue pages while others none, the Karasumori problem is a non-problem at all, all the solutions/plots are laid out conveniently but the author had to throw in a twist in the end, why end the series on a low note like that??

Really good series but 13 years have passed. It is too late to raise these questions now. I wonder how big/what happened to this series at the time? I'll dig around other forum discussions to try to find some answers.
If you get some answers, mind sharing them with me?

Users who are viewing this thread