Kemono Friends - Raccoon-san Mansion (Doujinshi) - Ch. 35

Page 20 obscured text: I have attempted to reproduce the area by overwriting the picture itself on the wall, but if the drawing range exceeds a certain level, or depending on the load, there is a danger of the world itself within the art collapsing [...] While it is already becoming unstable, on my own [...] With the help of a collaborator, I am currently attempting an escape [...] no time. An immediate [...]

Dex-chan lover
I'm so happy to see this continued. Thank you Arctess - for that intriguing bit of text as well. Did we just see someone escape not just the painting but the manor?

@Drifter
The mansion it self is accessable come in or exit. As long you know the combination of entrance floor or the normal living space floor. Just some floor have weird anomaly

Fed-Kun's army
Thank @arctess for the chapter.

Well I'm very curious now. Normally memories are transfered to the clone when you use the old body (in a old chapter , we seen that the lion replicate her "friend" and seem to remember who she is at least. Not some empty shell you have to educate).
Now the question is it over time clone didn't have all the memories replicated ? Or giant otters are here for so many years that they forgot some of theirs travel?

Welp, we can only make guess at this point. I'm not even sure who will have more chapters about the cloning machine

Double-page supporter
@Matsuura My guess: it was a wipeout. In the chapter where they talked about the cloning otters, it was said that the 4th one stayed in the chamber to clone himself should the others 3 never return.

Chapter 17

@Ovnidemon
And yet it was only one person there, and the way they operate should ensure this level will never become a wipeout.

I think the clones lose part of themselves over time, becoming more simple and forgetting things.

Double-page supporter
Though, I didn't quite understand the ending: how can he escape the complex? Also, I guess that the cloning doesn't clone once: it created a lot of clones but all of them die except the final one (hence all the blood)

HCO

Dex-chan lover
Hard to believe this is still going and it's still good

@Ovnidemon
Who giant otter didn't recognize, so I took them as stranger 1 and stranger 2 and totally forgot about them.

Also giant otter could escape because the one who guided him?her painted the way out on the wall, showing otter-chan the way so escape was possible. Once you got into the elevator, escape from the building is fairly easy after all.

Also you can clone whenever. It might kill the original though - unless original is already dead, see tiger girl story - which would make it an interesting twist and would explain the blood, too.
Now I want to re-read everything. Again.

@artyom It is happier than most chapter-endings, but just imagine that at some point, a single otter entered the building. And the otter that left the building just learned, that he/she is a deteriorated "watered down" version of the original, cloned so many times, that they forgot their origin, the floors they already entered, etc.
How often have they explored the same floors again and again, are some of the monsters old clones that were captured by the floor? Are the warning messages from their old clones and they do not know about that? How long has it been, since the original entered the building? How many others have they sacrificed to survive?
Yes, one clone has escaped the circle, knowing that his/her other selfs are still on their sisyphos-like oddyssey. And who knows how many clones escaped before? Who knows whether the clones can actually exist outside of the building?
So many questions!

Ohhhh i just reread chapter 34, the weird guide is probably lizard boy! Same speech and nickname for otter kid.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was a real magnum opus of a chapter

Otters keep getting more mystery levels. Remember that "mutant" one too, her flowers also looked like they were "painted"

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell if it was a good end or not. Like, I get that it was Otter at the end with her rat companion, but that overall tone just doesn't feel like a happy end. I love how this makes me feel.

Users who are viewing this thread