Kemono Michi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
So the vampire is literally darkness and aqua fuzed

@Aretheus "The only reason most of these hack manga decide to include that nonsense exposition is because: a) They have no idea how to start a story, so they just start vomiting information b) They have no idea how to weave this information into the characters' interactions naturally over time."

I 100% agree on this with you. Let people find out names of people, occupations how they met and shit occur while the story is happening. Don't have some bullshit part to explain everything. If you need to explain that shit, that means your story doesn't do a good job at telling the fucking story about a person or a group of people or what have you...

"you could be beheadet"
the man suplexed the princess so im pretty sure if that didnt get him killed nothing will

Fed-Kun's army
If they had simply started the story with him already in the struggling pet shop, and simply introduced his background as a isekai'd pro-wrestler who's stupidly affectionate over animals through an infodump, I really don't think too many people would think "Hey, wait a minute, I need to know exactly what his first six months in this new world were like!"

James Bond films are famous for starting with an exciting pre-credits sequence which has little or nothing to do with the movie's main plot. That pre-credits sequence is simply there to tell you "This is the sort of character Bond is, and this is the sort of action we're going to be showing you him in," and that's what the suplexing-the-princess scene does. It also tells you something about the world, that this is a world where funny takes precedence over strict logic. Logically, suplexing a princess is going to have extremely serious consequences. In this world, those extremely serious consequences are just somehow resolved off-screen and it doesn't even matter how.

"not everyone is weird like you master"

Literally wearing assless chaps

@optiso Yes and so? That's pretty normal, I think you simply forgot the rule of "when you're in a fantasy world, the less clothes you wear, the more protection you have"

@Notsuki_Ame it's clearly supposed to be a gag, so I pointed it out because some people may have missed it. No need to be defensive about it.

@optiso I wasn't defensive but trying to be ironic. Now I'm defensive.

I was trying to point out that by "normal" common sense she's abnormal (like you said), but since in these types of stories that abnormality is actually the norm, hence the rule I mentioned, she's actually normal.

Plus I didn't like this manga and I dropped it after I finished reading this chapter.

@clonetek what she's actually saying is the 4 kanji idiom 鏡花水月 (kyou ka sui getsu). Flowers in a mirror, the moon reflected on water.
Something that is visible but has no substance. Also, the subtle and profound beauty of poems that cannot be described in words.
Couldn't tell you if that one's a Japanese original or borrowed from Chinese, not that it matters.

The joke is somehow the gryphon was capable of comprehending such a concept and then pantomime it.

The anime made some much needed improvements to the story by not having a 6 months time skip in the very beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread